The Electoral Commission has extended the compilation exercise for four (4) more days, starting from Tuesday 14th June and will end on Friday 17th June 2022. The exercise kicked off last Friday, June 10th, and was scheduled to close on Monday 13th June.
However due to higher numbers of applicants at some of the registration centers since the beginning of the exercise, and requests from key stakeholders in the electoral process, the EC found it necessary and took a decision to extend the compilation/registration period for four more days after which, there will be no further extensions.
“The purpose of this extension is to provide an opportunity to eligible women who had not yet registered to do so.” The EC press release announced adding that; “This exercise shall therefore continue to be conducted at registration centers in each Village/ cell throughout Uganda starting at 8:00am and ending at 6:00 throughout the extended period.”
According to the release, the purpose of the registration is to enable all willing female residents aged 18 years and above, to register in order to participate in the said elections within their respective villages. For one to register in the Village Women Residents Register, she must fulfill the following requirements; must be a citizen of Uganda, who is ordinarily resident in the Village of registration; Must be eighteen (18) years of age and above at the time of registration; must be willing to be a member of the Village Council.
It added, “A person appearing for registration shall be required to provide the following particulars to the Village Election Official: Names, National Identity Number or Application ID Number, Age, Gender, and Village of Residence.” The elections are progressive in nature. Therefore, a person who is not registered at village level will not be able to participate at any level.
- Mr. Jacko David Waluluka is another unique entertainment and general investigative news writer, a field he has diligently covered for over fifteen years. He’s also the chief administrator at The Investigator. He can easily be reached via [email protected]
- Entertainment2022.06.28We Told You: Juliana Kanyomozi, a Conduit of Cold War between Swangz and Fenon Events Confirms her Return to Stage
- Entertainment2022.06.28Isaac Rucci: Minister Among has a Sinister Agenda to Gag UMA Elections just to Avert the Bobi Wine Factor in the Industry
- Featured2022.06.24Stop Right There: Finance tells EC to Suspend Programme for Women Councils and Committees Elections
- Entertainment2022.06.24Final Whistle: UMA and NCF Floor UNCC as Ministry of Gender, Labor and Social Development Okays 28th June as Date for New Leaders Elections