The suspect in the murder of former Buyende District Police Commander Muhammad Kirumira and his female friend Resty Nalinnya Mbabazi will have to be in the coolers until November 30 since the prosecution is yet to gather more regarding the gruesome murder, the court heard on Friday.
Grade One Magistrate Martin Kirya remanded Kalungi to Kigo prison pending investigations in the matter.
State prosecutor Mariam Kamushaba told the court that she needed more time to investigate the case and prayed for adjournment.
“Your worship, inquiries are still ongoing. I request the case be adjourned to a later date as investigations continue,” M/s Kamushaba said. Kalungi who shouted as he was being returned to the cells told the media that he was being framed.
Prosecution led by Ms. Kamushaba states that on September 8, 2018 at about 8:00pm in Bulenga, Wakiso District, Kalungi with others still at large with malice aforethought used a gun to murder ASP Kirumira and Nalinya who were driving in a Saloon car belonging to Kirumira.
Kirumira and Nalinya were then rushed to Lubaga and Mulago hospitals respectively from where they were pronounced dead.
Sixteen suspects have since been arrested in connection to the murder. Among the suspects is a police officer Godfrey Ssenono the officer in charge of operations at Old Kampala Police Station, former operatives of the Flying Squad and 9 suspects rounded up in a raid last weekend from a suspected terror cell in Namungoona,
- Patrick is a seasoned and independent Investigative Journalist, A Market Researcher, Media Consultant
- Crime2019.08.26WANTED: Police Hunts for Balungi Maria Over Missing Husband Accused of Stoning Presidential Car in Arua
- Uncategorized2018.12.12Fake goods in Kenyan market blamed on fake mark-of-quality stickers supplied by Indian firm
- Crime2018.12.05BoU officials who watched as vital documents were ferried remanded for negligence of duty
- News2018.11.30Prime Minister calls for amending of current law to allow online publishers benefit from government adverts