Hon. Frank Tumwebaze, Cabinet Minister of Information Technology and Communications and also PRAU Patron, today graced the handover ceremony that saw the new PRAU Governing Council sworn in.
At the event, held at Sheraton Hotel, Kampala (Lake Room), the Hon. Minister applauded PRAU for being a strong association in Uganda and promised to support PRAU in tabling a draft bill for statutory recognition.
He also stated that PR was important in the brand building of several businesses and therefore the association was doing the right thing in promoting the profession in Uganda.
Finally, Hon. Minister tasked the new Governing Council to set up a permanent home for the association and organize a fundraising event where partners and sponsors would commit their support in helping build a PRAU Headquarters.
The new Governing Council was elected during the Association’s 41st Annual General Meeting, held on Saturday 1st September 2018 at Fairway Hotel in Kampala.
Ms. Sarah Kagingo, Managing Director of Soft Power Communications LLC, who was sworn in as President, promised to lead the new Governing Council to pursue statutory recognition, improve media and external stakeholder relations, form strategic alliances with PRAU’s sister associations, champion the formation of a fully functional secretariat, increase membership of the association, get a PRAU permanent home, among others.
Other officials who were sworn in included Eddie Oketcho as Secretary General; Sheila Naturinda Deputy Secretary-General; Charles Nsamba, Treasurer; Sumin Namaganda as Director of Programmes; Alfred Geresom Musamali as Director of Discipline; Kezia Koburungi and Roland Ssebuliba as the new student representatives.
The PRAU Vice President, Valery Okecho and PRAU Director PR, Simon Kasyate were absent with apologies.
The Public Relations Association of Uganda (PRAU) is the umbrella public relations body of Uganda having been set up to uplift the standards in and promote the public relations profession in the country. Membership is open to all PR and communications practitioners, business enterprises, SMEs, government bodies, PR agencies, NGO’s, students pursuing PR related courses and in-house PR departments.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Health2022.06.24NWSC Improves Apac Water Supply with over 150 Kms of Main Extensions to Cover 60% of the Quantity Projected￼ ￼￼
- Politics2022.06.14Soroti City East By-elections: EC sets Tentative but Statutory deadline as Justice Byabakama Preaches fairness and Free process
- Featured2022.06.10Positive Start: Willing Female, Women Residents Register as EC kicks off compilation exercise of Village Women Residents’ register
- Politics2022.06.07Electoral Commission Issues Detailed 2022 Guidelines for Women Councils and Committees From Village to District Levels