Hon. Frank Tumwebaze, Cabinet Minister of Information Technology and Communications and also PRAU Patron, today graced the handover ceremony that saw the new PRAU Governing Council sworn in.
At the event, held at Sheraton Hotel, Kampala (Lake Room), the Hon. Minister applauded PRAU for being a strong association in Uganda and promised to support PRAU in tabling a draft bill for statutory recognition.
He also stated that PR was important in the brand building of several businesses and therefore the association was doing the right thing in promoting the profession in Uganda.
Finally, Hon. Minister tasked the new Governing Council to set up a permanent home for the association and organize a fundraising event where partners and sponsors would commit their support in helping build a PRAU Headquarters.
The new Governing Council was elected during the Association’s 41st Annual General Meeting, held on Saturday 1st September 2018 at Fairway Hotel in Kampala.
Ms. Sarah Kagingo, Managing Director of Soft Power Communications LLC, who was sworn in as President, promised to lead the new Governing Council to pursue statutory recognition, improve media and external stakeholder relations, form strategic alliances with PRAU’s sister associations, champion the formation of a fully functional secretariat, increase membership of the association, get a PRAU permanent home, among others.
Other officials who were sworn in included Eddie Oketcho as Secretary General; Sheila Naturinda Deputy Secretary-General; Charles Nsamba, Treasurer; Sumin Namaganda as Director of Programmes; Alfred Geresom Musamali as Director of Discipline; Kezia Koburungi and Roland Ssebuliba as the new student representatives.
The PRAU Vice President, Valery Okecho and PRAU Director PR, Simon Kasyate were absent with apologies.
The Public Relations Association of Uganda (PRAU) is the umbrella public relations body of Uganda having been set up to uplift the standards in and promote the public relations profession in the country. Membership is open to all PR and communications practitioners, business enterprises, SMEs, government bodies, PR agencies, NGO’s, students pursuing PR related courses and in-house PR departments.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2021.10.22Stop It: Singer Spice Diana Family Split over her Association with Wild Crane Gin Advert Contrary to Her Faith
- Entertainment2021.10.22UCC Directive on Gossip Programs to Render 100s Jobless as tough measures on live Dance Shows Relay Looms
- Featured2021.10.22Players kept guessing at Villa Park as the 2021/2022 Star Times Uganda Premier League enters Second Week in action
- Sports2021.10.22FUFA Stacks Airtel’s UGX100M in her Coffers as boost to celebrate Uganda Football’s Finest Talent of 2021