KAMPALA- Uganda. The Uganda Police Force is back on the spotlight after it has emerged that the torturous abductors in a video that has gone viral are actually its members attached to the dreaded Flying Squad, the Investigator can reveal.
Though the police on Thursday rushed to deny that the men dressed in civilian dresses are part of them, a city lawyer Nicholas Opio has come out clear to state that the men are in fact members of the police force based in room 75 in CPS in Kampala.
“The individuals involved in this video are from Room 75 CPS Kampala. They work for the Flying Squad. We have the names of the two beating Yunus Kawooya, the suspect. When we verify this information, we will make them public and pursue them rigorously,” tweeted Opio Nicholas.
The Investigator has also established that the top police brass was early on Friday locked up a crisis meeting to try to ‘clean the shit’ and control the bad damage.
Yet to be confirmed intelligence reports intimated to the Investigator that the man being brutally tortured, whom we identified as Yunus Kawooya is alleged to be a Rwandan hired operative believed to be behind the wave of city murders.
Social media was jammed for the last 48 hours with ferocity over the impunity and pitilessness of the kidnappers.
The Minister of ICT and National Guidance, Frank Tumwebaze on Friday also demanded that the Inspector General of Police, John Martins Okoth OcHOLA aka OMO comes out to identify the perpetrators.
“Anybody acting illegally should be dealt with in accordance with the law. The (IGP) Okoth Ochola, we demand to know these,” said Tumwebaze.
The callous scenario that took place in the full view of the public occurred opposite the Christ the King Church along Portal Avenue on Thursday afternoon.
The torturous men bangled Yunus in a taxi number UAF 325S, that the Investigator has established is one of a series of vehicle used by the Flying Squad in its operations.
Government through its spokesman and Uganda Media Center boss, Ofwono Opondo condemned the heinous act and promised to have the perpetrators brought to book.
“we shall not sit and watch. We are investigating to ascertain which security ar, of government they belong to,” said Opondo.
- Patrick is a seasoned and independent Investigative Journalist, A Market Researcher, Media Consultant
- Crime2019.08.26WANTED: Police Hunts for Balungi Maria Over Missing Husband Accused of Stoning Presidential Car in Arua
- Uncategorized2018.12.12Fake goods in Kenyan market blamed on fake mark-of-quality stickers supplied by Indian firm
- Crime2018.12.05BoU officials who watched as vital documents were ferried remanded for negligence of duty
- News2018.11.30Prime Minister calls for amending of current law to allow online publishers benefit from government adverts