The stakes are high, the teams are ready and the bar has been raised high by both Uganda Premier League sides (Express FC and SC Villa) as they meet Saturday in SUPL on 20th November 2021.
SC Villa is not bothered by the fact that derby rivals Express FC are the hosts in Wankulukuku and that are league champions. Instead, they (Villa) are focused on the outcome after the 90 minutes of the game.
Express FC goes head-to-head with SC Villa at Mutesa II Stadium, all out to win the match points though aware it’s not going to be an easy walk through the park. Currently, Express FC rank 7th, 7 positions ahead of visiting rivals SC Villa in 14th on the points’ logo.
So, as you look to compare the best-rated side on the day, Express looks to have a clear-cut edge against Coach Petros Koukouras outfit. From Villa Park, Captain and team goal keeper Meddie Kibirige is very optimistic ahead of Express Derby as he has expressed his readiness ahead of their game.
The goalkeeper made the remarks while speaking to the club’s media on Wednesday after their training. Ahead of the clash against the Red Eagles, Kibirige who was named captain for the club this season says they need maximum points on Saturday as consolation to their last loss to Wakiso Giants.
“We are ready and prepared to win since we lost our last encounter against Wakiso Giants, so we want maximum points. Our coaches have tried to correct some mistakes and told us what we can do right in this break we have had.” Kibirige said. Kibirige has captained the side in their first two opening games – Winning Police FC before a loss to Wakiso Giants.
Petros and Mandela Boost to Villa;
A positive result away to Wankulukuku could be a cake for Mandela and the return to club training of head coach. Last week, the club confirmed that head Coach Petros Koukouras left for Greece to settle some family issues and was said to report back by 16th November for club training. The good news is that coach Petros is back at the club, plus the confirmation of businessman Omar Ahmed Mandela as the new club president, who in his first address vowed to bring the lost glory at the club. With all these new developments, it is a big boost to the club as they eye getting back on top. On Saturday, Kibirige will again captain a youthful Villa side as they hope for better results at Wankulukuku.
Weekend Fixtures- Friday19th November 2021.
Gaddafi FC Vs Arua Hill SC- Jinja
(Live on Sanyuka TV-3:00 pm)
Mbarara City FC Vs Vipers SC- Mbarara
KCCA FC Vs UPDF FC- MTN Philip Omondi Stadium, Lugogo
Wakiso Giants FC Vs Tooro United FC- Wakiso
Busoga United FC Vs Soltilo Bright Stars FC- Njeru
Saturday 20th November 2021
Express FC Vs SC Villa- Wankulukuku
(Game live on Sanyuka TV)
Onduparaka FC Vs Police FC- Arua
URA FC Vs BUL FC-Ndejje University
All games’ action begins at 3:00pm local time
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- Featured2022.10.05Into Sin Bin: Local Rugby Union, Disciplinary Committee Hands Warriors RFC’s Rough-Riding Player Gabriel Aredo Ten Months Ban
- Entertainment2022.10.05Uganda Football and TV: Here is the big and Ugly Controversy surrounding the Serenely Packaged Beautiful Game
- Featured2022.10.05Ready to Go: The Sevens’ Academy Call Twenty-One for Safari Sevens Job with preparations Set in Motion
- Featured2022.10.03Four For Four: Netball She-Cranes continue 100% Test Series Mark with The Vitality Roses at Their next Date on Court