The Special Forces Command (SFC) of UPDF under the stewardship of the National Water and Sewerage Corporation planted at a record 4000 trees, in Kigungu village, Entebbe as the area launched the second phase of the corporation’s 10 million tree planting campaign, dubbed “The NWSC Green Tree-volution”.
The soldiers from Luttamaguzi Barracks planted the lot that is out of a nursery catchment of 12,000 trees allocated to the Entebbe Area with the guidance of Capt. Ronald Mayenda who, represented the commanding officer 4th infantry Battalion of SFC, Lt. Julius Wasike in-charge of administration SFC, RSM John Okiror, among other SFC officials and, the NWSC Entebbe team.
“Entebbe is a city. We need to have clean air, conserve the environment, control soil erosion, maintain beautiful serenity and above all promote catchment protection. Plant a Tree, trees are one of the planet`s natural cleaners”, remarked the General Manager- Entebbe Area, Ms. Joyce Bakiire.
Lt. Julius Wasike in his remarks applauded NWSC for the “greening” initiative aimed at bettering the livelihood of its customers. “NWSC is one of the best government agencies doing so well in service delivery,” he said.
He further thanked the body for “loving your country by conserving the environment. We shall need more trees because the more trees we plant the better our environment will be. We shall take care of these trees until we see them grow. However as soldiers we share. We shall share with our neighbors. We cannot slaughter a cow and eat alone”, he stated.
The National Water and Sewerage Corporation is running one of the country’s biggest tree planting campaigns, with at least 10Million trees in mind, by 2023 under the theme, “A Tree Planted, a future Granted”.
This plan is anchored on its Corporate Plan 2021 – 2026 and the corporation is working with a number of stakeholders because together, they say, they can do so much more. “NWSC remains committed to Water for All, for a delighted customer, by a delighted workforce,” read the statement released last night.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2021.12.02Things Fall Apart: Minister Okello Oryem fights Son in his Office for accusing him of Neglecting, Forsaking and Sidelining Family
- Featured2021.11.29War Signals: The Cold but Corrosive War already in its embryonic phase could be waged in Uganda Netball
- Featured2021.11.25Dis/Advantage Champions League: UBF Launches one of its kind Boxing Champions League but with Issues
- Featured2021.11.23NWSC Honored by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda for Excellence in Sustainability Reporting