For sowing misconduct and unsporting mannerisms, Onduparaka skipper Rashid Okocha has been suspended from all football activities effective immediately as of 30th November 2021 until 18th December 2021 alongside a cash fine of UGX500,000.
In the same vein the same committee also fined Tooro United with UGX500,000. The club saw two of their officials Edward Golola and Sulait Makumbi enter within the internal perimeter area without bench permits during a game at the Kabaka Kyabagu sports stadium in Wakiso district.
Both cash fines are to be paid into the FUFA Account No.7210000969 Eco Bank Ndeeba Branch, with proof of payment to the FUFA Competitions Disciplinary Panel.
The Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) competitions disciplinary panel suspended the captain of Onduparaka Football Club Rashid Okocha for the misconduct during the game he was red-carded against Sports Club Villa at FUFA Technical Center, Njeru.
Okocha was sent off by referee Ashadu Ssemeere in the 65th minute after a second bookable offence following a wild lunge onto star player Travis Mutyaba. The ruling of the decision CDP No. 30 of 2021 regards a violent conduct towards an opponent and attacking the referee.
The panel whose chairman is Deo Mutabazi relied on a video clip to make the ruling after Okocha was seen playing in a violent manner towards an opponent (Mutyaba). Furthermore, upon being shown a red card, Okocha attacked the referee and delayed to get out of the field of play.
“This misconduct is contrary to the FUFA Competitions Rules and Regulations and puts the game of football into disrepute. The fine (UGX500,000) should be paid by 18th December 2021. Failure to pay shall lead to automatic suspension until the fine is paid in full,” the panel Statement read.
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- Featured2023.02.02Peace Proscovia: The Ugandan International Netball Super Shooter, She-Cranes Captain and Surrey Storm’s Masterclass
- Business2023.02.02Smari Institute: Launching with a Mission of Empowering Africa’s Youths and Developing their Skillsets for a better Africa
- Crime news2023.01.27Video Story: The Local Gymnastics Sports Body Rides on but Not Without Hullabaloo and Muddle at its Forefront
- Featured2023.01.25Fatal Fight: Why Eddie Gombya of the ‘Death Fight’ Between Golola Moses and Qassim Ouma is Himself an Angle of Death