Giving a summary review performance report for 2021, the president of the Uganda Ludo federation (ULF) Hussein Kalule over the weekend-Sunday 19th December, at YMCA Wandegeya presented an accountability of the federation.
According to Kalule; “During the year, 2021 a number of challenges such as financial shortages were registered but could not stop the federation from moving ahead. Our vote of thanks is extended to all those key players who have enabled us to register success and excellence on our score card of performance. Please keep up the spirit.”
Uganda took part in a lot of championships/competitions locally and internationally with such strong competitiveness where at some of them the representatives became winners and crowned champions.
Africa Ludo Championships
The federation (ULF) with the representation of Nansana Galaxy and Buloba A clubs participated in the Africa Ludo Clubs Championship (ALCC), 2021 conducted in May, in Dubai. The two qualified to represent the country to the magnificent International Ludo Clubs Championship (ILCC), 2022.
National Super League;
The National Ludo Super league, 2021 was played from May, 2021. Though intercepted by the COVID 19 pandemic lockdown that had its ugly head into almost every activity on the world, ULF had their league action resume in June this year and continued until 26th September, 2021.
Kisansa Kireka club of Nakawa ULF district emerged the champions with 27 points. Nansana Galaxy of Wakiso ULF district finished as runners-up on 26 points.
Africa Ludo Cup of Nations;
The federation through the national team Uganda Doves participated in the Africa Ludo Cup of Nations (AL-CON), 2021. The tournament, the biggest on the continent in Ludo ran from 1st to 4th December, 2021 in South Africa, Johannesburg.
Uganda emerged champions (winner) for the first time with 44 points against the host South Africa in the second (2nd) position with 37 points. Team Uganda, Uganda Doves captain Matovu Huzaifa finished the tournament as the overall best player (MVP) of AL-CON, 2021.
Best 2021 performers
Uganda Ludo Federation (ULF) through its technical and competitions committee declared outstanding performers, 2021 after a stiff electoral process which was conducted scientifically from 14th to 16th December, 2021 with 250 electorates (voters) composed of team coaches, team captains, referees, umpires and judges as well as players.
In the Best performing club category, Nansana Galaxy club obtained the largest votes of 160 votes out of 250 votes. The reason for being voted as the best was that, it won the Africa Ludo Clubs Championship (ALCC), 2021 conducted in Dubai from 20th to 22nd May, 2021 also was the runners’ up (2nd) position in the National Ludo Super League, 2021.
Ssendawula Gerald obtained the largest votes of 126 votes out of 250 votes against his other one contestant and was voted the best referees category.
The best player (Most Valuable Player-MVP) category Matovu Huzaifa of Kings club, also captain Uganda Doves obtained the largest votes of 130 votes. He beat Mubiru Emmanuel and Nagaddya Beth who were both tied in the second position each with 45 votes and Mr. Kirumira Moses in the third position with 30 votes.
Matovu Huzaifa’s selection as the best player (Most Valuable Player-MVP), 2021 were bent on his great year performances that included among other things finishing the runners’ up in the annual Individual Ludo Championship season of November 2019-January, 2020.
He was the best player (MVP) in the Africa Ludo Cup of Nations (AL-CON), 2021 conducted in December, 2021 in South, Johannesburg Africa where Uganda Doves won with 44 points.
As captain, Matovu contributed 27 points out of the 44 points for Uganda Doves to celebrate a trophy of victory.
He was the team captain of Kings club in the National Super League, 2019 when it was chosen as the most smartest team still its captain when the same club was chosen as the most organized (brand designer) in the National Super, 2021.
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- FeaturedJanuary 22, 2024Cecilia Barbara Atim Ogwal: The Beauty Queen, Banker, Wife, Mother, Businesswoman, Consultant, Legislator, Advocate and a Politician That Logged Out at 77 Amid G-77
- EntertainmentDecember 23, 2023All Smiles for and Of Joy: The Groundless Beauty is in Realizing that Sometimes Real Superheroes Live in the Hearts of Small Children Fighting Big Battles
- FeaturedDecember 22, 2023NUP Reshuffle: Hon. Mathias Mpuuga Worked With, and Led a Team of Young, Multi-Skilled, Talented But ‘Political Novices’ Courtesy of PeoplePower Wave
- BusinessNovember 29, 2023It is Dead Muzaata`s Word Against the Living Mubajje`s: Fallen Cleric`s ‘You are a Thief’ Lyrics Returns Social Media Wires Years after His Stinging Prediction