The gullible Resident State Attorney (RSA) Charles Bwiiso was caught red handed in his office having received a cash deposit of UGX1.5M from the suspect’s family in a bid to kill the case.
Bwiiso was apparently arrested for allegedly soliciting & receiving the bribe from persons in a case of defilement in order to close the file.
According to the State House Anti-Corruption Unit, Charles Bwiiso was arrested in a joint operation with police after being tipped that the he had asked for UGX3M to kill and close the defilement case file.
It is reported that whereas the State Attorney demanded for Shs3M as the bribe from the suspect’s family, they pleaded with him so as to pay UGX1.5M, an amount they said they could afford.
The family subsequently reported the matter to the State House Anti-Corruption Unit that planted operatives near the State Attorney’s office. “Bwiiso was caught red handed receiving a deposit of UGX1.5M from the suspects’ family.”
The investigator news has since learnt that a case of defilement was reported to Masindi Police Station vide CRB 149/2022 against Joseph Arinaitwe.
However, after more than 10 days, with the suspect not arraigned before court to answer charges of aggravated defilement, Airnaitwe’s family and that of the victim agreed to settle the matter out of court via a reconciliation and to this, an agreement was written including a request to the Resident State Attorney to withdraw the matter.
When the request was made to Bwiiso, he demanded for Shs3M from the family of the suspect to ensure he closes the case file but the family negotiated up to shs1.5 million.
In the meantime, the family reported the matter to the State House Anti-Corruption Unit and a team of detectives was sent to Masindi to lay a bait so as to lure the State Attorney into coolers.
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- Featured2022.10.03Four For Four: Netball She-Cranes continue 100% Test Series Mark with The Vitality Roses at Their next Date on Court
- Featured2022.09.27UK Outing: Netball She-Cranes routing for Better World Cup results Including Avenging against English Roses
- Featured2022.09.27Well-Be-Back: How KCCA Willingly Accepted without Terms and Conditions to save their Home-Grown Boy Allan Okello
- Entertainment2022.09.26From a ‘NOBODY’ Uganda’s Hassan Mubiru has moved mountains at the Para Badminton Courts and Championships