By the end of the draws at Fufa House Wednesday afternoon, the Quarterfinal stage of the 2021/22 Stanbic Uganda Cup fashioned yet another of electrifying and beautiful chance for local Football fans to witness earnest soccer exploits.
Talk of derby football. The Purple Sharks of Wakiso Giants have been aligned against the Venoms of Vipers who are the reigning champions of the Uganda Cup competition in the allurements for a Wakiso derby.
Vipers, who are still in contention for the League are presented with a chance to try on an elusive domestic season double. In 2017, Vipers SC then under Portuguese coach Miguel Da Costa got close to winning both the League and the Cup, but fell to KCCA FC in the Uganda Cup final played in Bukedea.
Wakiso Giants on the other hand will attempt to go beyond the quarterfinal stage for the first time, having stopped at this stage (Quarterfinals) on two occasions.
In the other quarterfinal fixtures, Mbarara City FC who are fighting relegation in the League will hope for comfort and relief in the Cup where they will host Mbale Heroes FC. The Eastern Regional League entity has had a brilliant run, including ejecting Police FC at the round of 16.
Elsewhere, Booma FC from the Kitara regional league will face Maroons FC while SC Villa will take on BUL FC. The Quarterfinal games will be played between 23rd and 27th April 2022. In case of a draw at the end of normal time, extra time of 30 minutes will be played and if things remain a draw, spot kicks will follow suite after the extra time.
Mbarara City FC vs Mbale Heroes FC – Kakyeka Stadium
Booma FC vs Maroons FC – Masindi
Wakiso Giants FC vs Vipers SC – Kabaka Kyabaggu Stadium
SC Villa vs BUL FC – FUFA Technical Centre, Njeru
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- FeaturedSeptember 20, 2023Mr. Updates Health Update: Kawempe North’s Ailing Legislator Muhammed Ssegirinya Discharged from Amsterdam UMC Hospital but Still Hoping against Hope
- EntertainmentSeptember 11, 2023Uganda and Kenya Still have to Prove their Might on the Continent as Organizers Kick Out the Afcon 2027 Bidding Neighbors Out of Maiden Clubs
- UncategorizedSeptember 9, 2023Cranes Afcon 2023 Last Card: Fallen Niger Coach Jean Michel Cavalli Aims at Making Life Hard for Micho` Squad with Ugandans now Shopping for a Scientific Calculator
- BusinessSeptember 9, 2023No Thank You: Before we ‘Must’ Say Thank You, Take a Look at the Sickening Outside of the Beautiful Interior of Ham Kiggundu’s Nakivubo Stadium