The Cricket Cranes have been flagged-off by the National Council of Sports for the ICC T20 World Cup Qualifiers in Zimbabwe, slated for July 9-17. The weather condition in Bulawayo is very cold as Zimbabwe goes through its winter season but coach Laurence Mathatlane believes the side is very ready for the conditions.
The conditions are cold and that means the wickets will also be slow so we don’t expect big totals. The plan remains the same to ensure that we stick to our basics and take care of our KPIs. We have prepared well physically for the last two years in anticipation of this schedule and we shall do the country proud.” Coach Laurence Mathatlane promises
Led by Brian Masaaba the Captain, the squad of 14 will start their crusade against Hong Kong on Monday before meeting PNG and finishing the group games against the Netherlands in Group B. Uganda was part of the Global Qualifiers in 2013 where they played seven games and only won one losing five with no result in the other game.
Going for a second chance, Cricket Cranes will need to win only three games in Zimbabwe which results will see the team advance to their first senior World Cup. The team leaves Uganda on Saturday at 3 am via South Africa and touch base in Bulawayo on Saturday afternoon.
Brian Masaba (Captain), Ronak Patel, Simon Ssesazi, Roger Mukasa, Dinesh Nakrani, Riazat Ali Shah, Frank Nsubuga, Frank Akankwasa, Kenneth Waiswa, Cosmas Kyewuta, Juma Miyagi, Henry Ssenyondo, Bilal Hassun, Fred Achellam
Laurence Mahatlane (Head Coach), Jackson Ogwang (Assistant Coach), Shamim Nassali (Physiotherapist), Steven Tusiime (Team Analyst), Denis Musali (Media Manager), Jackson Kavuma (Team Manager).
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- Sports2022.08.10In Lieu of Love: Star Netballer Oyella Credits her Family Happiness for the Meticulous Performance She Parades
- Sports2022.08.09KAVC Game Bug: What can save NSSF Cash from the declining KAVC Volleyball event which Locals Continue to Shun
- Sports2022.08.05Crucify Not Us: Finally, Federation of Motorsport Uganda and Motorcycling Association of Uganda share the BED
- Sports2022.08.05All Set as Planned: Leaders Nansana Galaxy go for Jinja City Beauty against Kazo in Ludo Super League Match Day Fifteen