You are all aware that something could be wrong somewhere, somewhat an ugly football rule/regulation rubbing you the wrong spot. Could be one rule that favors your opponent against you on the field of play. That one rule that favors an administrator who has continuously made wrong decisions but stuck in there for s/he has the amnesty as provided for by the Football rule book.
Could be that one competitions rule that you have always wanted to modify because you deem it’s not fit and is wrecking the beautiful game. The call is therefore on, for you to make a lot of necessary ‘NOISE’ to overhaul and amend it. The FUFA Executive Committee is mandated by FUFA Statutes to amend regulations from time to time.
Through this mandate, the FUFA Executive delegates this mandate to FUFA Regulations Review Commission (RRC). In respect to the above, the FUFA Regulations Review Commission (RRC) informs all football stakeholders to submit any proposals they wish to be considered for amendment in the FUFA regulations for the coming seasons. The proposals may cover the following sets of rules and regulations; FUFA Competitions Rules, FUFA Regulation on status and transfer of players, club Ownership rules and any other set of rules and regulations.
The proposals, according to Huein Ahmed Marsha, are welcome and can be submitted to the FUFA Excom for approval before deadline date for this exercise on 8th August 2022. A statute is a formal written enactment of a legislative authority that governs the legal entities of a city, state, or country, association or federation, by way of consent. Typically, statutes command or prohibit something, or declare policy. Statutes are rules made by legislative bodies; they are distinguished from case law or precedent, which is decided by courts, and regulations issued by government agencies.
Equally, FUFA has a set of statutes and regulations that govern football in Uganda. The current FUFA Statutes and Regulations were last updated in 2016 during the 92nd FUFA General Assembly in Luweero. This means, for the last six years, Football has been running without changes to the rules and regulations, yet football is a dynamic game that keeps changing season after another.
The FUFA Statutes and regulations are based on 8 chapters that are further split into 93 articles, covering all the areas. As a stake holder, you can look anywhere for amendment proposals. The Statutes cover areas like general provisions, Membership, Organization of FUFA, Competitions and International Matches among others. Please submit your proposals to [email protected]
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- Africa2023.03.21Woman: Narrative Change by Walking Smartly and Steadily on the High Heels Without Stepping and Injuring the other Gender, to ‘Equity and Equality’
- Business2023.03.21A Day in Life: UEFA’s Aleksandra Ceferino’s ‘Pass Time’ Visit to The Aliguma offered a Real-Life Time Opportunity to Repackage Uganda’s Football; But it didn’t!
- Business2023.03.15Have This Instead: Remorseful Sevo Gives Land as Compensation to Boxing Body for their Fallen Zebra ‘Mando’ Senyange, Murdered by Security
- Entertainment2023.03.15Boxing Big Envelope: Making Sense of the Enormous Envelope Received by Uganda Boxing Federation President Moses Muhangi