With just a few hours to her median show, Priscilla Zawedde aka Azawi has had her median ‘African Music’ concert in the way to make history. The Swangz Avenue label singer, is said to have sold out nearly all her early-bird tickets that was going for 30k each. Azawi, whose unique vocals and stage performance are cult-status at the moment, is arguably the most gifted female singer Uganda has currently.
Coupled with the mastery pre-show production of the Swangz Avenue team, Azawi is ready to set the ball rolling with glitz and glamor. The Guinness Smooth-sponsored concert will also feature artistes like Karole Kasita, Fik Fameica, Pia Pounds, Eddy Kenzo and Zex Bilangilangi, among others.
Azawi is a multi-talented singer, songwriter and a recording artist. She was signed under Swangz Avenue in late 2019. Records show she was inspired into music many years ago. This was after her frequent visits at Ndere Cultural Centre where, she used to go and watch festivals. Azawi later joined the Kika dance troupe in 2005 after which, she started singing in school with the help of a friend who mentored her as a songwriter.
She has managed to write songs for Ugandan artists. These include among others; Lydia Jazmine, Nina Rose, Eddy Kenzo and many more. This year she released her debut five-track EP titled LO FIT. Azawi was given an opportunity of being signed. She gladly grabbed it and got officially signed with Swangz Avenue. Swangz unveiled her in November 2019 and in January 2020, they released their first single Quinamino which rocked the Ugandan airwaves that year. in 2020.
- Mr. Jacko David Waluluka is another unique entertainment and general investigative news writer, a field he has diligently covered for over fifteen years. He’s also the Chief Administrator at The Investigator. He can easily be reached via [email protected]
- Crime newsOctober 5, 2023Security Beat NUP at Its One-Million-Man Match but Bobi Wins the Ultimate Humane Battle that Saw Sorry Boda-Boda Riders and Humble Journalists Arrested
- BusinessOctober 2, 2023Ugly Twist: How American Meg Hilbert Has Taken Over the Contested Jakana Family Business, Discarding its 94-Year-Old Ugandan Founder to the Gutter
- BusinessSeptember 25, 2023Tenterhooks as High Court Stays Ruling on Halting Lawyer Felix Kintu Nteza`s UGX195M Fraud Case Proceedings at Buganda Road Magistrates Court
- Crime newsSeptember 24, 2023Trouble as Ministry of Internal Affairs is drawn into a High-Stakes Child Custody Battle Involving a Prominent City Car Dealer being Accused of Immigration Influence