With just a few hours to her median show, Priscilla Zawedde aka Azawi has had her median ‘African Music’ concert in the way to make history. The Swangz Avenue label singer, is said to have sold out nearly all her early-bird tickets that was going for 30k each. Azawi, whose unique vocals and stage performance are cult-status at the moment, is arguably the most gifted female singer Uganda has currently.
Coupled with the mastery pre-show production of the Swangz Avenue team, Azawi is ready to set the ball rolling with glitz and glamor. The Guinness Smooth-sponsored concert will also feature artistes like Karole Kasita, Fik Fameica, Pia Pounds, Eddy Kenzo and Zex Bilangilangi, among others.
Azawi is a multi-talented singer, songwriter and a recording artist. She was signed under Swangz Avenue in late 2019. Records show she was inspired into music many years ago. This was after her frequent visits at Ndere Cultural Centre where, she used to go and watch festivals. Azawi later joined the Kika dance troupe in 2005 after which, she started singing in school with the help of a friend who mentored her as a songwriter.
She has managed to write songs for Ugandan artists. These include among others; Lydia Jazmine, Nina Rose, Eddy Kenzo and many more. This year she released her debut five-track EP titled LO FIT. Azawi was given an opportunity of being signed. She gladly grabbed it and got officially signed with Swangz Avenue. Swangz unveiled her in November 2019 and in January 2020, they released their first single Quinamino which rocked the Ugandan airwaves that year. in 2020.
- Mr. Jacko David Waluluka is another unique entertainment and general investigative news writer, a field he has diligently covered for over fifteen years. He’s also the Chief Administrator at The Investigator. He can easily be reached via [email protected]
- Business2023.03.21Cry My Beloved Country: How Patriotic Brenda Nanyonjo is Staking Her All to Keep the Miss Uganda Brand Afloat as Government Shamelessly Gaze On
- Featured2023.03.15Stealing A Glance at Balokole Polls: Pastor Kyazze Takes Early Lead as Bisiyaga Assumes the Center Stage at The Election of New Leadership Today
- Entertainment2023.03.15BAD NEWS: Veteran Singer Halima Namakula and her National Promoters Associations Set to Kill the Entertainment Industry with their new Permit Ultimatum
- Business2023.03.10JEFF KIIWA: Uganda’s Unfazed Talent Manager Who Continues to Nature New Endowments into Forces to Reckon with in the Music Industry
She is good