Named after Lake Victoria in Kenya and Victoria Falls in Uganda, in honor of the reigning Queen Victoria and her great grandmother of England, the Victoria Cup roars back to full life with the 2022 edition. This is their first since 2012, exactly ten years when the competition was called off due to financial stress.
To fly off the season, Uganda is scheduled to host Zimbabwe at Legends rugby grounds in Kampala, Naguru on Saturday 30th July 2022. The Victoria Cup is a rugby union tournament contested by the three African nations. Formerly a four nations affair, in 2010 the Victoria Cup became a tri-nations tournament between Kenya, Zimbabwe and Uganda, on a double round-robin basis, with the teams playing home-and-away. The competition was discontinued in 2012 after Uganda and Zimbabwe withdrew due to financial difficulties.
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- Africa2023.03.21Woman: Narrative Change by Walking Smartly and Steadily on the High Heels Without Stepping and Injuring the other Gender, to ‘Equity and Equality’
- Business2023.03.21A Day in Life: UEFA’s Aleksandra Ceferino’s ‘Pass Time’ Visit to The Aliguma offered a Real-Life Time Opportunity to Repackage Uganda’s Football; But it didn’t!
- Business2023.03.15Have This Instead: Remorseful Sevo Gives Land as Compensation to Boxing Body for their Fallen Zebra ‘Mando’ Senyange, Murdered by Security
- Entertainment2023.03.15Boxing Big Envelope: Making Sense of the Enormous Envelope Received by Uganda Boxing Federation President Moses Muhangi