Named after Lake Victoria in Kenya and Victoria Falls in Uganda, in honor of the reigning Queen Victoria and her great grandmother of England, the Victoria Cup roars back to full life with the 2022 edition. This is their first since 2012, exactly ten years when the competition was called off due to financial stress.
To fly off the season, Uganda is scheduled to host Zimbabwe at Legends rugby grounds in Kampala, Naguru on Saturday 30th July 2022. The Victoria Cup is a rugby union tournament contested by the three African nations. Formerly a four nations affair, in 2010 the Victoria Cup became a tri-nations tournament between Kenya, Zimbabwe and Uganda, on a double round-robin basis, with the teams playing home-and-away. The competition was discontinued in 2012 after Uganda and Zimbabwe withdrew due to financial difficulties.
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- Featured2022.11.28Umar Kremlev: Let UBA Bosses Tell the Visiting World Boxing Body President How our Boxers feed on Sugarcanes
- Featured2022.11.25Dubai Desert 7s: Tolbert Onyango Acutely Name His Team Ahead of December Emirates Dubai and Cape Town 7s
- Business2022.11.25In Love with Women Matters: Workers Depository NSSF, MasterCard Earmarks UGX7.6Bn to Support Women Businesses
- Featured2022.11.24Fixtures`Jumble: New Seeding Updates place Uganda Netball She Cranes in 7th Rank, the First Drop in Nearly a Year