Let’s start with the broad-spectrum aphorism, with Minister Peter Ogwang’s; “most administrators don’t have any clue” on how their Federations and Associations run matters in their very sports docket. And, that; “even those with a clue have scanty information” … and therefore, submitted almost nothing to the guest who sought more than just much from them.
The specifics are that the Minister recommended the Uganda Cricket Association (UCA) for scaling up the growth to heights of the game on the Ovals much more than any other federations or associations, given that the Cricket teams and the respective players enjoy such boundless performances.
Lately, to agree with the Minister, the National Cricket team is enjoying great plays of Cricket games and victories at both One Day Internationals (ODI’s) and the shorter T20 game version at home, away, on the continent, and on the international scene. As he concluded his familiarization and fact-finding tour of the fifty-One different local sports federations and associations, seeking to know how they are managed, ran, their challenges and, the solutions to the same, Ogwang received almost nothing and he might have exclaimed thus; “what a waste of time,” on most of the offices he toured.
The purpose of his study tour was to investigate the relationship between strategic leadership and strategy implementation of sports at the managerial levels. The Minister’s study would be premised on deliberate leadership theory which is the Honorable Minister’s concrete philosophy so far, since his appointment two months ago.
The objectives of the study were to examine the relationship between leadership competence and strategy implementation, investigate relationship between leadership communication and strategy implementation, to establish relationship between staff involvement and strategy implementation and to assess the relationship between monitoring and evaluation and strategy implementation.
For he knows, just like everyone else that the athletes or the individual players of any sport are the commodities these sports leaders and managers are trading, whose interest they should prioritize. The target of the study was all the about 45 individual member associations/federations of Uganda.
Sampling was well-thought-out, though unfortunately, due to small volumes of the information and obviousness of the findings and the heavily advertised approach adopted by the Minister. If the Minister intended to know something, then he took home nothing. It’s likely, because he had announced his intensions for the sporting department upon arrival. He laid his plans bare that the different leaders at all levels coached their subordinates not to speak otherwise.
In other words, he was expected, they pre-empted his questionnaire and planned accordingly. This was witnessed by the dumbness those he met in office exhibited as they had to wait for their seniors to arrive before anything would be known. In conclusion the inside job is a corrupt one, a deceitful one and a dirty one at many administration settings and it is no doubt.
Many were not at easy speaking to the Minister that has always preached transparency, clean sports, exemplary administrations, accountability and harmony. On these pages next, we shall come back with inside jobs of several administrative offices from our independently launched investigations into the same. Hopefully the Minister will be able to pick it from here.
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- FeaturedSeptember 20, 2023Mr. Updates Health Update: Kawempe North’s Ailing Legislator Muhammed Ssegirinya Discharged from Amsterdam UMC Hospital but Still Hoping against Hope
- EntertainmentSeptember 11, 2023Uganda and Kenya Still have to Prove their Might on the Continent as Organizers Kick Out the Afcon 2027 Bidding Neighbors Out of Maiden Clubs
- UncategorizedSeptember 9, 2023Cranes Afcon 2023 Last Card: Fallen Niger Coach Jean Michel Cavalli Aims at Making Life Hard for Micho` Squad with Ugandans now Shopping for a Scientific Calculator
- BusinessSeptember 9, 2023No Thank You: Before we ‘Must’ Say Thank You, Take a Look at the Sickening Outside of the Beautiful Interior of Ham Kiggundu’s Nakivubo Stadium