Federation of Uganda Football Association (FUFA)` disciplinary committee on Monday night reprimanded Busoga United FC following their hooligan deeds in the Kakindu game against Express FC. The home fans were found guilty of throwing stones at match officials that saw the game end prematurely after their Allan Kayiwa had given the Red Eagles a lead late in the game.
“Busoga United has been sanctioned for breaching Article 31 of the FUFA Competitions Rules,” read in part, of the statement signed by Deo Mutabaazi, head of the panel. “Busoga United has lost UPL Match No. 52 that was played on Wed 16.11.2022 at Kakindu Stadium by forfeiture. Busoga United FC has also been handed an immediate three (3) points and three (3) goals deduction from those already accumulated by the club this season.”
The statement further reads; “Busoga United has also been handed a suspended 5-home match ban to be played in a closed and neutral stadium outside Eastern Regional Football Association, but already licensed this season for UPL matches should they breach Article 31 again.” Meanwhile, the Club’s Chairperson Diana Nyago has also been summoned to the disciplinary committee for further investigation.
“Busoga United FC Chairperson Ms. Nyago Diana has been forwarded by FUFA CDP to the FUFA Investigations Chamber for her actions during the UPL Match between Busoga United and Express FC. Match reports indicated that Ms. Nyago Diana denied Express FC access to the dressing room and exchanged abusive words with the coaches of the away team.”
Further reads the statement; “She further denied the kits man of the away team access to the field of play at about eight minutes to warm up time. The Chamber shall pronounce itself on the matter upon conclusion of the investigations.” Just last week, SC Villa and Blacks Power were also punished by the FDP in a bid to stop hooliganism. Busoga United now slip to 14th with 3 points while the Red Eagles climb to 5th with 14 points, same as BUL, Vipers and SC Villa and just three points adrift of leaders Wakiso Giants.
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- Business2023.03.15Have This Instead: Remorseful Sevo Gives Land as Compensation to Boxing Body for their Fallen Zebra ‘Mando’ Senyange, Murdered by Security
- Entertainment2023.03.15Boxing Big Envelope: Making Sense of the Enormous Envelope Received by Uganda Boxing Federation President Moses Muhangi
- Business2023.03.12What a Wasted Investment in the 59-Day Lasted Vipers` Coach Roberto Luiz who Registered only 0 Wins against a Heavily Lavish Vipers Squad!
- Africa2023.03.10Great Elephanty Promise: The Arsenal Africa Fans Festival Finally Comes to Uganda`s Kampala Capital with a Great Treaty of Potentials