Singer Ediriisa Musuuza aka Eddy Kenzo’s assertion that his cover of Philly Bongoley Lutaaya’s song ‘Born in Africa’ is bigger than the original one by Philly himself, is a fresh breather in modern times. It has caused a storm in the Ugandan entertainment tea cup.
Whereas vintage classic songs of both living and dead musicians have had several covers redone in recent times, it has never been automatic that the new version is a hit or, that it will be wholly positively received. This is in tally with what happened to Eddy Kenzo when he released his version of ‘Born in Africa’ which many a music critic or enthusiast has rated as half-baked and bogus.
To make matters worse, Eddie Kenzo has gone ahead to lamely labor that he is the greatest thing that has ever happened to the song. Those that share his view have fallen short of giving any genuine credence to his claim yet those that think otherwise have come out to sell reason to his person, to no avail. The Investigator TV YouTube team sat down to share their views on the same. Enjoy the deliberations in the video above…
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- Africa2023.03.21Woman: Narrative Change by Walking Smartly and Steadily on the High Heels Without Stepping and Injuring the other Gender, to ‘Equity and Equality’
- Business2023.03.21A Day in Life: UEFA’s Aleksandra Ceferino’s ‘Pass Time’ Visit to The Aliguma offered a Real-Life Time Opportunity to Repackage Uganda’s Football; But it didn’t!
- Business2023.03.15Have This Instead: Remorseful Sevo Gives Land as Compensation to Boxing Body for their Fallen Zebra ‘Mando’ Senyange, Murdered by Security
- Entertainment2023.03.15Boxing Big Envelope: Making Sense of the Enormous Envelope Received by Uganda Boxing Federation President Moses Muhangi