The power sharing approach, according to Rashid Ssekindi, the Chairman of the Federation of Taxi Operators Unions (UTOF) is, and could be key in trying to fashion coherence in the contested leadership and wrangles that have in the recent years, marred the New Taxi Park.
In his words during an exclusive interview with this investigative website and on our equally investigative YouTube TV Channel – The Investigator TV, Ssekindi maintained that if both Badru Sserunjogi and Noordin Mukuye can calm down, sit on a round table and forge a way of working together, it could be the lasting solution and conclusion to the bickering.
He attributed the impasse to personal and family ego by both Mukuye and Sserunjogi whom he maintains, are brothers-in-law. For the good of the people, they serve who, are not only the Taxi operators themselves, but also the passengers as well, Ssekindi calls for both leaders to calm down. Ssekindi, in his capacity as the top leader of the Taxi Operations leadership was at our headquarters to account the sequence of events which have not been only in the new Taxi Park but in many of the other Taxi parks in and around Kampala.
“Only, and only if Badru Sserunjogi and Noordin Mukuye sit on the same table, agree to share power and work together, regardless of the status quo, is when harmony will prevail in the New Taxi Park leadership,” Ssekindi upholds. He had also made a trip to our offices to have his side of the story aired after Mukuye accused him of not helping matters and taking sides.
He also said that Mukuye falsely accused the Kampala Concerns Minister Hajjat Minsa Kabanda, her family and relatives, alongside KCCA Deputy Executive Director (DED) Eng. David Luyimbazi, of dubiously fueling the New Taxi Park squabbles. Mukuye had told the Investigator that, in an approach typical of abuse of office and total disregard of her responsibilities as the Minister of Kampala, Hajjat Minsa Kabanda had her biological brothers Hussein Ssekatawa and Musa Kinaabi, and her own biological son, Eng. Dauda Kyangwe, all messengers that have since served doom in the New Taxi Park.
However, Ssekindi did not qualify Mukuye’s revelations as false. Instead, he owned up the mess in the park and further, himself expressing how he, the Minister and her office, and her relatives, indeed participated in vain, to create harmony in the park for all these years. Mukuye had confirmed to this mighty and daring investigative website how the Minister, in whose office they had ran and invited for consultations and solutions of hope, turned out the biggest headache without even the least of the solutions to the fights in the New Taxi Park in Kampala.
Also, that the administration of the Taxi Park under the imposed chairmanship of Badru Sserunjogi, had breed corruption complete with lack of quality leadership and poor managerial skills. Mukuye’s biggest disappointment was therefore, where the same authorities that had ordered for his office opening, like the Minister, the KCCA DED, Eng. David Luyimbazi, turned around and hobnobbed with the illegitimate leadership.
- Mr. Daniels N. Tatya is an affluent Sports Writer, Commentator and Editor. His over 15 years of covering almost major sporting events makes him a revered and an authority on investigative Sports journalism in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected] +256(0)758268315
- BusinessNovember 16, 2023Marathon Bar Saga: Entrepreneur Vince Saha Left in Limbo as Buyer, a Mbale City`s Oak Bar Boss Derrick Wekhomba Defaults on Agreement, Flees with Assets
- FeaturedNovember 16, 2023Tortured and Mocked: Ailing MP Ssegirinya Scorned by the Regime that Messed Up his Life, making him Jump into and Out of Patient Departments
- BusinessNovember 16, 2023NWSC Graduates Second Troop of Staff members with Master’s Course in Sanitation at the Institute of Water Education in the Netherlands
- Crime newsNovember 6, 2023Paul Joseph Put Together: As the Football Loving Nation Beholds his Already Tainted, Convicted Criminal Record, Ugandan Fans Wait to See their New Coach