When entertainer Joseph Mayanja was starting out, he hooked up with the loaded Belgian lady Dorotia. It was of course a marriage of convenience. He wanted money to kick start his music trade. He got the money that helped him to cut teeth in the music industry. He has since called time on the marriage, leaving poor Dorotia behind to nurse his broken heart.
Now word doing rounds is that Jose is seeing a sugar mummy in Juba behind the back of his official wife now staying in the US. The tangible fruit of the hook-up is rumored to be the new powerful land cruiser that the man from Seguku Hill has since added to his fleet of flashy cars. This one, the tax collectors at Nakawa impounded and has since landed Jose in trouble over tax related breaches.
But I hazard a guess that Jose is not interested in the old woman of Juba. He is only interested in her deep wallet just like his interest wasn’t in Dorotia but her money.
When he wanted a base to start his political journey, Chameleone went to Norbert Mao confessing his perpetual love for the DP party. Mao was moved by the “Atagejja, Atakogga” fella. The man from Gulu promptly named the singer the chief mobiliser of DP. Chameleone got the much needed publicity to help him set foot into the arena of politics.
Days later and after inspecting the political radar, Jose realized Bobi Wine to be the brand in vogue. He thus jumped out of the green colors of DP, quickly adorned himself in the red beret of People Power and off he dashed to Kamwokya. There, before the beaming cameras of journalists and in presence of Bobi’s supporters, he uttered new nuptial vows now professing undying love for the People Power before picking forms which would help him to use the political movement shepherd by the man from Magere as the vehicle to City Hall.
Lest I forget, Jose had, before going to DP and later People Power, joined a bandwagon of musicians to compose a campaign “Tubonga Nawe” song to promote the NRM 2016 presidential aspirant and eventual winner Yoweri Kaguta Museveni.
While Jose chose to flock with Museveni in 2016, he has lately changed color. He has turned to saying uncharitable things against Museveni and his party and he is actually denouncing whatever the man from Rwakitura stands for.
- Mr. Stephen Kasozi Muwambi is a seasoned crime investigative writer, majoring in judicial-based stories. His two decades’ experience as a senior investigative journalist has made him one of the best to reckon on in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected]
- FeaturedFebruary 27, 2024Confusing Stuff: Pragmatic Donald Trump Embarrasses America Instead as He Fights to Defeat Sleepy Joe Biden to Make America `Great Again`
- FeaturedFebruary 27, 2024The Cabinet Reshuffle Leaks: Making Sense of How Big Political, Security Actors Emerge as Suspected Leakers of Cabinet Supposed Nominees and Why
- Crime newsFebruary 27, 2024Sad Tale of Slain Kaweesa: How Uganda Police and Judiciary Have Tormented the Dead Man to The Last Bone, Leaving His Family Absolutely Homeless
- BusinessFebruary 15, 2024A Shaky Comeback: Out-of-Favor Singer Ronald Mayinja Tests Fans’ Moods with a Concert Poised to End His Musical Sabbatical Come Women`s Day at Serena