The old man of the hat, President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has once more demonstrated his proficiency at the game by poaching from the camp of former chief spy turned political opponent L,t. Gen. Henry Tumukunde’s camp. After cozying up to Museveni for sometime for which he earned a ministry but was later dropped, Tumukunde stepped out of katebe (political idleness) and voiced his desire to take over the chair of his former boss (Museveni).
As it often goes – when any of Museveni’s senior cadre comes out and declares interest in the big man’s chair – the military paid Tumukunde a visit and, as they say, the rest is history.
But before taking leave of the above raid on Tumukunde’s office in Kololo during which guns and military fatigues were retrieved and later used by the State to charge treason against the out of favor general. It is important to point out that a loyalist of the President was found in the company of Tumukunde.
While Museveni was worried by the presence of his cadre at the political planning office of Tumukunde, the cadre was all happy to tell the press how she was working with the aspiring presidential candidate to unseat the ruling NRM presidential sole candidate.
Ssaabalwaanyi did not like what the cadre was telling the press. He was livid. He got into a fighting mood. The insolent cadre had to be arrested and messed up to teach her a lesson of her time. She was indeed arrested. She was charged with obstructing the military, with war arsenal from arresting her new found love in Tumukunde.
More, her husband was rounded up as well and charged similarly to her.
This cadre spent time on remand and so did the hubby. Upon release on bail, she continued to throw off her mouth in defiance of what the son of Kaguta stands for. Kaguta kept his calm.The cadre we are talking about is Monica Amoding. She is the Woman MP for Kumi.
Now, fast forward, Amoding has today apologized profusely for going against the correct line of supporting anything from Ssabalwaanyi.
She did not stop there. She has gone down on her knees figuratively speaking and asked for forgiveness for having annoyed the elder.
She had turned up at State House for purposes of presenting her apologies. She was in the company of the fifteen so-called rebel NRM MPs who have been making ear-piercing noise on the floor of parliament and off it while claiming to be disgusted by what Museveni is doing.
These ones have also caved affording the son of Kaguta the last laugh and leaving those who expected to benefit from the defiance of Amoding and group against Museveni with heartbreaks.
DISCLAIMER: Any and all views expressed in the article are not those of The Investigator News. They are an expression of the author’s personal opinion. Usage, of any kind, of the information herein is at the user’s own risk. The Investigator News shall not be liable for any consequences arising from such usage.
- Mr. Stephen Kasozi Muwambi is a seasoned crime investigative writer, majoring in judicial-based stories. His two decades’ experience as a senior investigative journalist has made him one of the best to reckon on in Uganda. He can also be reached via [email protected]
- BusinessNovember 26, 2023The Balondemu Perennial Arrests: State Prosecutors Should Bring on the Evidence or Risk Being Suspected of Turning the Entire Issue into a Witchunt
- BusinessNovember 4, 2023The Balondemu Gold Case: Of Why the Kampala Land Boss is Poised to Win the Poorly Done Case and Can Ably Squeeze a Good Compensation out of Gov`t
- BusinessNovember 2, 2023Best Or Worst Xmas Gift in Offing: City Businessman Shukla Mukesh in Painful Moments as He Waits for Court Decision on Auction of His Business Empire
- BusinessOctober 1, 2023Aya Brothers Conundrum: Justice Stephen Mubiru’s Auction Order of Pearl of Africa Hotel is Branded Faulty but Judge Stands His Ground