It’s down to five state-of-affairs as Uganda’s long distance runner Joshua Cheptegei gets to that one last step to the podium of yet another of the World’s esteemed award – World Athlete of the Year.
After voting (that included fans) which ended early this month (November 6th), the Ugandan made it to the shortlist as announced by World Athletics on Monday evening.
Cheptegei, twice ascended to the podium claiming gold and silver medals in the 5000m and 10000m in that respect at the Tokyo Olympics. He also ran a world-leading 8:09.55 over two miles at the Prefontaine Classic Meet in Eugene, Oregon.
The 25-year-old, just happily introduced and wedded to former fiancée Carol Yeko Kamari last October, competes for the prestigious award with last year’s winner in Swedish pole vaulter Mondo Duplantis as well as Kenyan marathoner Eliud Kipchoge who has won the accolade twice.
Norwegian hurdler Karsten Warholm and American shot-putter Ryan Crouser are the other athletes who complete the shortlist. The eventual winner will be announced at the World Athletics Awards 2021, which will be held virtually on December 1.
- Mr. Jacko David Waluluka is another unique entertainment and general investigative news writer, a field he has diligently covered for over fifteen years. He’s also the Chief Administrator at The Investigator. He can easily be reached via [email protected]
- Crime news2022.10.05Heroine! Presidency Minister Milly Babalanda Saves Kyabazinga from Physical Assault at the Canada Busoga Symposium
- Business2022.10.05The Debt Haunt: Presidential Aide and Singer Catherine Kusaasira Speaks Out, Brushes off Sale of her Family Property
- Business2022.10.03High Flyer: Records Set as Roden Kabako is to ‘Battle’ it out with Jose Chameleon at the Royal Regency on Saturday
- Business2022.10.03Jakana Family Turmoil: Tension as Once a Happy Family is No Longer at Ease Courtesy of The Son`s Move to Stake their Entire Family Home