The National Water and Sewerage Corporation will stop at nothing to keep its promise of “Water for All” to the people of Uganda. This is seen in the infrastructural growth aimed at boosting production to ensure access to water for all in the various areas of operation.
New on the block is the Construction of Sludge treatment facility and Additional clarifier stream, both at the Ggaba Water Treatment Plant in Kampala.
The Senior Manager Water Production, Eng. Andrew Muhwezi, while hosting the Corporation’s Managing Director Dr Eng. Silver Mugisha, gave a brief of the progress of works and the environmental benefits that the project Sludge treatment facility will bring in terms of raw water quality improvement and safe guarding the natural filter that minimizes lake pollution.
In the case of the Additional Clarifier Stream; This highly efficient water treatment line will utilize Dissolved Air Flotation Technology (DAF) and is expected to resolve a key operational bottleneck of Ggaba 1 treatment plant and ultimately restore the plant capacity to 72,000m3 per day, further stabilizing water supply in Kampala.
Works are reportedly going utterly well and steadily especially with the test running and technical commissioning already underway. The projects are being constructed by Sogea Satom under supervision of Tractbel/GKW consults.
- Mr. Jacko David Waluluka is another unique entertainment and general investigative news writer, a field he has diligently covered for over fifteen years. He’s also the Chief Administrator at The Investigator. He can easily be reached via [email protected]
- Business2022.09.19Minister Mayanja: Presidential Lands Task Force Leads a Land-Grabbing Cartel and Arbitrary Abuse the Law
- Featured2022.09.17Gen. Salim Saleh’s ‘Ghost’ Rises from the `Dead` to Give away his Daughter Esteeri to City Businessman Bidna Muhoozi
- Business2022.09.14Rebecca Kadaga: No One Can Ever Stop Nyege-Nyege or any other Tourism Based Activity in Busoga as Long as I am Still Breathing
- Crime news2022.09.13Sealed Fate: Happenings Indicate City Robber Sipapa Could have a Fifteen-Year Long Sojourn at Luzira Upper Prison