To live, to love, to laugh. It’s all there is to life. Everything else is our ‘figment of imagination’ kind of life. It’s just what we believe there is to life. We lost the meaning of life somewhere between the war, pandemics and movements. Something else got replaced with it.
We don’t have what we were granted anymore. What we choose to have and sometimes our own choices turn out to be wrong. Anxious heads, beating hearts and hyperventilating breaths are all there’s now, the anxiety of what? Falling short, left behind and bad comparisons. Does this really matter or its just what we think matters?
A glance from loved ones, a kiss, or one hug. That’s all it takes to fill our hearts with all the happiness in the World. I’m not trying to convince anyone to leave everything and stop chasing money and be as minimalist as they can. Of course, you need to be comfortable in order to be happy and need money to afford those comforts.
Reality is, you need a certain amount of money to fulfill your needs, but beyond that, it’s an all you can eat buffet, beyond the satisfaction of hunger that comes the overeating part, and we all know how that makes us feel. As exciting that chasing is, there’s a thin line between want and greed – and once we cross it, nothing will make us happier.
No amount of money will make us feel content, because it’s also an addiction to be in constant want for more, and, you will keep asking for more despite having plenty. Draw the line, choose your comfort to actual need and possess what you actually want to possess, not what people think you should have. Be specific about your needs and work accordingly. Life is the most precious gift of all. So, don’t squander it by chasing something you never wanted to have.
- Joan Atuhwera is a Business Administration Graduate, a Human Rights activist and writer with over five years’ experience in pursuing justice for others via her keyboard. She can also be reached via email: [email protected] or WhatsApp +256774334595
- Business2022.11.24Thursday With Joan Bonny: When the Stranger Becomes your Hero than the People you are Familiar with, Know Better
- Education2022.11.23Compassion Can Always Be Present: Our Attitude is a Choice, so Doing Good is an Approach Humans Choose at Own Will
- Entertainment2022.11.22Ubuntu Tier: Acting for Better, Safer and Future Communities as YayaTrips and RAU Navigates Territories and Societies
- Education2022.11.19Death Is Beautiful: I think it is Pretty! One Man Looked at Us and Died So We Can Live. Nothing as Sweet as That