To live, to love, to laugh. It’s all there is to life. Everything else is our ‘figment of imagination’ kind of life. It’s just what we believe there is to life. We lost the meaning of life somewhere between the war, pandemics and movements. Something else got replaced with it.
We don’t have what we were granted anymore. What we choose to have and sometimes our own choices turn out to be wrong. Anxious heads, beating hearts and hyperventilating breaths are all there’s now, the anxiety of what? Falling short, left behind and bad comparisons. Does this really matter or its just what we think matters?
A glance from loved ones, a kiss, or one hug. That’s all it takes to fill our hearts with all the happiness in the World. I’m not trying to convince anyone to leave everything and stop chasing money and be as minimalist as they can. Of course, you need to be comfortable in order to be happy and need money to afford those comforts.
Reality is, you need a certain amount of money to fulfill your needs, but beyond that, it’s an all you can eat buffet, beyond the satisfaction of hunger that comes the overeating part, and we all know how that makes us feel. As exciting that chasing is, there’s a thin line between want and greed – and once we cross it, nothing will make us happier.
No amount of money will make us feel content, because it’s also an addiction to be in constant want for more, and, you will keep asking for more despite having plenty. Draw the line, choose your comfort to actual need and possess what you actually want to possess, not what people think you should have. Be specific about your needs and work accordingly. Life is the most precious gift of all. So, don’t squander it by chasing something you never wanted to have.
- Joan Atuhwera is a Business Administration Graduate, a Human Rights activist and writer with over five years’ experience in pursuing justice for others via her keyboard. She can also be reached via email: [email protected] or WhatsApp +256774334595
- BusinessAugust 23, 2023160 Ugandans Equipped with Practical Skills in Oil Pipe Line, Refinery Construction as CNOOC, UPIK, Sunmaker Implement National Content Policy
- EntertainmentAugust 16, 2023Finding Peace and Healing: Sleeping with your biggest enemy sounds illogical! It is hard to safely put up with the real source of the trauma but…
- EducationJuly 2, 2023On Women Baby-Trapping Innocent Men: Don’t get your sperm near a woman you don’t want to have a baby with. She can’t get pregnant without your little swimmers
- EntertainmentJune 3, 2023Feminists Vs Submission: Today, for women to be guided on their `place` via the hierarchy scale connexion to men, is not only outdated, but unnecessary