Celebrated HIV positive living activist Edwin Katamba aka MC Kats has in commemoration of the World Aids Day, 1st December, resolved to empower parents to engage their children in HIV – AIDS awareness and prevention. Kats made this avow on Thursday at the United Nations Regional Service Centre in Entebbe, where he was one of the key note speakers to mark the day.
MC Kats, who recently revealed that he was living positively, was in the company of Anatalia Ozzy, a fellow TV presenter. Kats and Anatalia Ozzy called for parents to make HIV awareness loud and clear for the children through a new hashtag #Equalize to #EndAIDS, a campaign that will take sixteen Days of Activism.
During this period, Mc Kats and his team will be lobbying the Ministry of Health and other agencies involved in the fight against the disease, to formulate processes for free access to treatment services. This, by providing Antiretroviral (ARV’S) drugs adequately, advancement and also end the stigma.
HIV is a retrovirus and it is treated by an antiretroviral (ARVs). ART stands for ARV treatment. It is also called combination therapy or HIV treatment. ART usually includes two or three active HIV drugs, sometimes in a single pill. Sometimes ART includes a booster drug. This is where either ritonavir or cobicistat increases the levels on one of the other drugs.
Other notable speakers on the day included Dr. Suzan Tusiime – delivering a key note address on HIV/AIDS, COVID 19 and Ebola Virus Disease, UNAIDS Director Mr. Ingemar. Ms. Caroline Marcah, who is linked to MC Kats talked about stigma while the religious formality of Candle lighting was officiated by Joan Kyogabirwe. The event was crowned by a cake cutting and the related pomp.
- Mr. Jacko David Waluluka is another unique entertainment and general investigative news writer, a field he has diligently covered for over fifteen years. He’s also the Chief Administrator at The Investigator. He can easily be reached via [email protected]
- Entertainment2023.01.27Alone and Frustrated: Irate MC Kats Tag Anti HIV NGOs as Bogus and Useless with Empty Promises Towards His Cause
- Crime news2023.01.25Catch22 Blues: Powerful Royal Handler, Longtime Friends, Fail to Save their Pal Hope Mukasa from Luzira Jaws
- Business2023.01.20Novice Promoter Biggy Events Must Leave to Jose Chameleon Brand Billing at ‘Gwanga Mujje’ or He Dents his Legacy
- Business2023.01.20Cut The Slack: Naysayers Can go Hang but Spice Diana Deserves her Success Moment of Glory for a Crooner her Age