Police picked up five of the youths near Parliament while others fled before they could reach their destination, the joint opposition offices on Katonga Road in Kampala.
Uganda Police in Kampala has arrested dozens youth wing of Forum for Democratic Change(FDC) party at Kampala city offices.
The arrested youth leaders were meeting at their Kampala division offices at City house ahead of Age limit debate on Monday 19th December 2017.
According to the party leader Amuriat the youth leaders were in youth structures meeting before being rounded up by police and arrested by police.
However reports indicate the arrested youth were in a meeting planing massive protests in different cities in different parts in Uganda.
Gen kale Kayihura eyed boy SP Sylus commanded the raid with other officer from Kampala Central police station.
Luke Owoyesigire the Kampala Metropolitan police spokesperson confirmed the arrest and said police is holding only 15 in number.
“It’s true they were arrested from City hall where they were found in possession of posters and other materials. Basically they were planning on how to destabilize the city on Monday. according Owoyesigire .
According to Forum for Democratic Change Secretary General Kaija Harold the following are some of the arrested youth leaders .
1: Buwembo Habib
3: Paul Nteza
4: NABAKOZA Rahma (Police Agent)
5: Maato Zeedi
6: Ssemakula Asadu
7: Edward Muwanga
8: Bakulumpagi Isa
9: Walugembe Aziz
10: Obonyo Oliver (O.O)
11: Sserwanja Ibrahim
12: Kaketo William
13: Natuhwera Benard
14: MUGALURA Obadia
15: Magambo Philip
16: Ssebiranda Eddie
The arrested were whisked away to Naggalama police station over charges yet to be known. It should be noted that other youths activists in Kigozi Jowel and a one Sentongo Phillip are still at large and on police wanted list over their political inclination.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Health2022.06.24NWSC Improves Apac Water Supply with over 150 Kms of Main Extensions to Cover 60% of the Quantity Projected￼ ￼￼
- Politics2022.06.14Soroti City East By-elections: EC sets Tentative but Statutory deadline as Justice Byabakama Preaches fairness and Free process
- Featured2022.06.10Positive Start: Willing Female, Women Residents Register as EC kicks off compilation exercise of Village Women Residents’ register
- Politics2022.06.07Electoral Commission Issues Detailed 2022 Guidelines for Women Councils and Committees From Village to District Levels