Kampala, Monday: The National Social Security Fund has upgraded their Mobile Application dubbed NSSFGO App to include access to more self – services and improve customer experience.
Some of the new features added include contributions payments for voluntary savers and employers whose payments are less than shs4m monthly, member contacts update, retirement benefits projections, employment history, e-statement and direct contact to Relationship Manager.
Addressing media and selected members at Café Javas, Patrick Ayota, the Deputy Managing Director, said that the app was an affirmation of the Fund’s commitment to transparency to its members by giving them access to monitor their NSSF accounts anytime, anywhere.
“Our plan is to improve our business processes to make them more efficient & convenient to members through innovations by 2025.The new app not only increases efficiency and service delivery to our customers, but also puts the power and control of their money in their hands” he said.
The upgraded app also gives members an opportunity to track their savings in a more detailed way and hold their employers accountable regarding their contributions.
“We expect to increase the compliance levels now that members are able to access more details of their account statement easily, like when last contributions were made, how much they received in a particular month, total contributions made by each of their employers including the first and current ones.” Ayota said.
In future, more features will be added to the app to include both member and employer registrations without having to NSSF offices. This will be through partnerships with the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) and Uganda Registration Services Bureau. I
n addition, eligible members will be able to initiate their benefits claims and track progress using the NSSF Go app.
The NSSF Go App is part of a variety of electronic channels the Fund introduced to improve its service delivery.
Other e- services channels include; The E-collections portal that allows employers to remit their employees’ contributions directly to their NSSF accounts through the Bank, within 24 hours, Mobile money payment platform, NSSF Payway and SMS alerts.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- BusinessFebruary 18, 2024Shameful Event: Tale of How Prince Kassim Nakibinge and Businessman Ssempebwa were Evicted from an Estate They Obtained Over a Fake Will
- BusinessJanuary 30, 2024FIRED UP: G77+China and NAM Summits Lauds NWSC As ED Mugisha Calls on a Course to Professional Action Through the Utility Engineering Community
- BusinessNovember 9, 2023Thumbs Up for Pebuu Africa: The Uganda`s Leading Fintech Firm Which Clinched the Prestigious Go Global Award at International Trade Council in USA
- FeaturedOctober 16, 2023President Yoweri Museveni Announces Wealth Creation and Poverty Alleviation Initiative for Karamoja Sub-region