Ugandans abroad commemorated and celebrated the country’s 56th independence in style following a partnership between Uganda Waragi and Ministry of Foreign Affairs that involved a handover of product worth Ugx 7.4million for the celebrations. The partnership was announced at a press briefing last week at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs where the Head of Diplomacy, Ambassador Alfred Nnam received the beverages.
During his remarks, Mr. Agaba Tumusiime, Uganda Waragi’s Brand Manager said, “Independence Day is essentially a celebration of our country and its heritage. Heritage is very important to Uganda Waragi as a brand, which spans 53 years and is now able to compete on the world stage. We are proud to be celebrating our country’s rich heritage and 56th independence anniversary with Ugandans living abroad.”
He added that the product has grown to become a market leader in the premium gin category, whose popularity has fueled innovation at UBL resulting in product extension into new flavor variants; Uganda Waragi Coconut and Uganda Waragi Pineapple. “It is therefore fitting that Uganda Waragi, favorably referred to as the Spirit of Uganda, is at the heart of a true Ugandan celebration that will unify us to celebrate our country’s rich heritage,” Agaba said.
Speaking at the handover at Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Nnam noted that the partnership was one of many that the ministry has recently created in the private sector to promote Uganda as a tourist destination and market the country’s products to international markets.
The demand for Uganda Waragi has stretched beyond borders and is now the ultimate gift for someone who wants to carry a little bit of Uganda with them.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2022.12.26State Takes over Former Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet, Late John Mitala`s Sendoff Arrangements
- Entertainment2022.12.08Dull 2022 Music Year for Uganda: Bubble Gum Stuff, Binyanya Mixes as Azawi, Gravity and Lutalo Close the Year on a High
- Featured2022.11.30Bossa-Less Gaddafi: Play Caught Gaddafi FC’s Coach Wasswa Bossa in the Foul Lane, before he was Suspended and Fined Too
- Business2022.11.30NWSC @50: Sheikh Mubajje, Eng. Badru Kiggundu Lead Thanks Giving Prayers to Commemorate the Golden Jubilee