Ugandans abroad commemorated and celebrated the country’s 56th independence in style following a partnership between Uganda Waragi and Ministry of Foreign Affairs that involved a handover of product worth Ugx 7.4million for the celebrations. The partnership was announced at a press briefing last week at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs where the Head of Diplomacy, Ambassador Alfred Nnam received the beverages.
During his remarks, Mr. Agaba Tumusiime, Uganda Waragi’s Brand Manager said, “Independence Day is essentially a celebration of our country and its heritage. Heritage is very important to Uganda Waragi as a brand, which spans 53 years and is now able to compete on the world stage. We are proud to be celebrating our country’s rich heritage and 56th independence anniversary with Ugandans living abroad.”
He added that the product has grown to become a market leader in the premium gin category, whose popularity has fueled innovation at UBL resulting in product extension into new flavor variants; Uganda Waragi Coconut and Uganda Waragi Pineapple. “It is therefore fitting that Uganda Waragi, favorably referred to as the Spirit of Uganda, is at the heart of a true Ugandan celebration that will unify us to celebrate our country’s rich heritage,” Agaba said.
Speaking at the handover at Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Nnam noted that the partnership was one of many that the ministry has recently created in the private sector to promote Uganda as a tourist destination and market the country’s products to international markets.
The demand for Uganda Waragi has stretched beyond borders and is now the ultimate gift for someone who wants to carry a little bit of Uganda with them.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Health2022.06.24NWSC Improves Apac Water Supply with over 150 Kms of Main Extensions to Cover 60% of the Quantity Projected￼ ￼￼
- Politics2022.06.14Soroti City East By-elections: EC sets Tentative but Statutory deadline as Justice Byabakama Preaches fairness and Free process
- Featured2022.06.10Positive Start: Willing Female, Women Residents Register as EC kicks off compilation exercise of Village Women Residents’ register
- Politics2022.06.07Electoral Commission Issues Detailed 2022 Guidelines for Women Councils and Committees From Village to District Levels