There have been several theories and recounts about how political activist Frank Kalyango affiliated to the Democratic Party, who had been missing since late 2018, managed to beat the security ring around him and fled the country for Canada.
We have since established chilling details that surround the daring escape of Kalyango aged 40, one of the new firebrand vocal opposition activists in the country.
It has emerged that Kalyango’s dramatic escape was orchestrated and executed by one Fred Kavuma, a local politician belonging to the SDP party and now is a counselor with the Kampala City Council Authority ( KCCA ), in Makindye division, representing Kibuli Parish .
Kavuma’s Narrative on the Escape..,
Kavuma who is also a relative of Kalyango, says that ‘ I have known Kalyango since childhood and can attest that when he showed his interest in politics while still in school, we have been very close for a long time.”
‘when I realized that Kalyango, was very good at mobilizing as exhibited by his involvement in politics at campus, I recruited him into DP in the subsequent presidential and local elections as a mobilizer and polling agent’. Says Kavuma.
Kavuma went on to say that , It was during that time that Kalyango’s affluent mobilizing skills were spotted by the ruling government, whose agents in turn tried to recruit him to no avail, that is when his woes with security operatives begun. He was subsequently in and out of jail over tramped up charges and religiously released of the same.
He further stated that ‘ it was during the last general election in 2016, where he ( Kalyango), underwent the most humiliating experience on constant incarceration and torture ,which forced us to embark on plans on his escape the moment he gained his freedom.’’
Through my contact who worked with a tour and travel company ( details withheld ), we managed to procure a passport for him in the pseudo names, after which we submitted his travel documents and passport to the Canadian consulate which after perusal issued him with a visa.
The whole process was money consuming and I spent about 8m shillings in the next few days trying to have the plan fully perfectly executed.
And just like lady luck would have it, Kalyango managed to beat the security at Entebbe airport, saving his life. Says a confident Kavuma.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.09.26A Health Move: Nella Organics Launches to offer a Perfect Harmony between Conventional and Complementary Medicine
- Education2022.09.22VP Jessica Alupo Addresses the UN Transforming Education Summit, Announces Uganda`s USD3M Pledge
- Crime news2022.09.20Family Jinx: How EAC Candidate and City Lawyer Phiona Rwandarugali is Facing a USD2400 Debt Quagmire
- Featured2022.09.19Personal Experience: An Agonizing Story of a relative whose brother committed suicide due to Mental Illness