We can exclusively reveal that reportedly missing Makerere University Business school student and opposition political leader Winifred Abigaba aged 44years, has been spotted in the United States.
A security source who preferred anonymity has confirmed to this newspaper that, Abigaba is suspected to be living in the states of Maryland,Seatle or Ohio.
Abigaba, is said to have entered the US on 22nd December 2018.
Media reports earlier had indicated that Abigaba a student then at the campus located in Nakawa in Kampala, pursuing a Bachelor’s of Transport and logistics from her residence in March 2018, and had not been seen since then.
The source at the time further told the media, that it was strange for a vocal person and a regular at the faculty to miss lectures concurrently without notice.
It is said that Abigaba was one of the students’ leaders at the campus who was at the forefront of decamping the candidature of President Yoweri Museveni in the highly contested 2016 general elections.
At the time efforts by her family and friends to trace her had been futile though security Intel had then believed that she was hiding in one of the Scandinavia countries known for hosting Ugandan dissidents.
We have since established that the security apparatus is still pursuing Abigaba’s disappearance and those that helped her slip from their fingers.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.10.07Unveiling Xclusive: Meet Uganda’s Daniel Ateenyi, a Surrealist Portraiture Artist who has Mastered Using Charcoal on Paper
- Business2022.09.26A Health Move: Nella Organics Launches to offer a Perfect Harmony between Conventional and Complementary Medicine
- Education2022.09.22VP Jessica Alupo Addresses the UN Transforming Education Summit, Announces Uganda`s USD3M Pledge
- Crime news2022.09.20Family Jinx: How EAC Candidate and City Lawyer Phiona Rwandarugali is Facing a USD2400 Debt Quagmire