The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced that the 2021 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) has been postponed to 2022.
The 2020 African Nations Championship (CHAN) has also been postponed to 2021 and both competitions are set to be hosted by Cameroon.
The tournaments have been postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic which has infected millions of people worldwide and killed hundreds of thousands of people.
Football’s governing body in Africa also provided updates on the CAF Champions League, CAF Confederation Cup and Women’s AFCON tournament.
CAF released the followingstatement:
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.10.07Unveiling Xclusive: Meet Uganda’s Daniel Ateenyi, a Surrealist Portraiture Artist who has Mastered Using Charcoal on Paper
- Business2022.09.26A Health Move: Nella Organics Launches to offer a Perfect Harmony between Conventional and Complementary Medicine
- Education2022.09.22VP Jessica Alupo Addresses the UN Transforming Education Summit, Announces Uganda`s USD3M Pledge
- Crime news2022.09.20Family Jinx: How EAC Candidate and City Lawyer Phiona Rwandarugali is Facing a USD2400 Debt Quagmire