The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced that the 2021 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) has been postponed to 2022.
The 2020 African Nations Championship (CHAN) has also been postponed to 2021 and both competitions are set to be hosted by Cameroon.
The tournaments have been postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic which has infected millions of people worldwide and killed hundreds of thousands of people.
Football’s governing body in Africa also provided updates on the CAF Champions League, CAF Confederation Cup and Women’s AFCON tournament.
CAF released the followingstatement:
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Uncategorized2022.05.18Obwakamuswaga at 18: Kamuswaga Apollo Isansha Kabumbuli II Decries Early Marriages for the Girl Child
- Crime news2022.05.18Fake Auction: Court orders against planned Patrick Bitature Properties `Sale` as Lawyers Strip Selves of Wisdom
- Business2022.05.10EC New Home Panic: Ugly Encumbrances emerge on Butabika Land, IGG Strips Self Naked as Ownership gets questioned
- Sports2022.05.05Stanbic Uganda Cup: Sports Club Vipers tipped for a Season Double through a fair Cup Semi-Final Draw