The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced that the 2021 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) has been postponed to 2022.
The 2020 African Nations Championship (CHAN) has also been postponed to 2021 and both competitions are set to be hosted by Cameroon.
The tournaments have been postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic which has infected millions of people worldwide and killed hundreds of thousands of people.
Football’s governing body in Africa also provided updates on the CAF Champions League, CAF Confederation Cup and Women’s AFCON tournament.
CAF released the followingstatement:
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2022.12.26State Takes over Former Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet, Late John Mitala`s Sendoff Arrangements
- Entertainment2022.12.08Dull 2022 Music Year for Uganda: Bubble Gum Stuff, Binyanya Mixes as Azawi, Gravity and Lutalo Close the Year on a High
- Featured2022.11.30Bossa-Less Gaddafi: Play Caught Gaddafi FC’s Coach Wasswa Bossa in the Foul Lane, before he was Suspended and Fined Too
- Business2022.11.30NWSC @50: Sheikh Mubajje, Eng. Badru Kiggundu Lead Thanks Giving Prayers to Commemorate the Golden Jubilee