The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has announced that the 2021 African Cup of Nations (AFCON) has been postponed to 2022.
The 2020 African Nations Championship (CHAN) has also been postponed to 2021 and both competitions are set to be hosted by Cameroon.
The tournaments have been postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic which has infected millions of people worldwide and killed hundreds of thousands of people.
Football’s governing body in Africa also provided updates on the CAF Champions League, CAF Confederation Cup and Women’s AFCON tournament.
CAF released the following statement:
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2021.10.22Stop It: Singer Spice Diana Family Split over her Association with Wild Crane Gin Advert Contrary to Her Faith
- Entertainment2021.10.22UCC Directive on Gossip Programs to Render 100s Jobless as tough measures on live Dance Shows Relay Looms
- Featured2021.10.22Players kept guessing at Villa Park as the 2021/2022 Star Times Uganda Premier League enters Second Week in action
- Sports2021.10.22FUFA Stacks Airtel’s UGX100M in her Coffers as boost to celebrate Uganda Football’s Finest Talent of 2021