The Federation of Uganda Football Associations (FUFA) books the stadium for trainings and matches involving the Uganda Cranes. The Managers of the stadium, after waiting for payment in vain, have now turned to the courts of law to recover over 80 million Uganda shillings from the soccer governing body. They say Magogo and company are fully aware of the loan but have kept dodging when billed to make good.
The Commercial court is set to hear the case when Fufa finally files it’s defense in writing. But FUFA has to demonstrate to court that they have a plausible defense to earn the right to be heard by court. Short of that, the trial judge will pass a summary judgment against the soccer governing body.
Without prejudice to the lawsuit awaiting adjudication by the courts of law, the fact that The Uganda Cranes plays for the country, the government of Uganda earns pride when our boys win. It thus continues to baffle many a sports lover to know that the same establishment charges it’s own sports outfit for using it’s sports ground.
In any case, we hear that the stadium was a gift from the Government of China much as our own Government needs money to repair it now and then. But even so, the repairs can be taken care of by the taxes paid by Ugandans not to mention money that is paid by private users of the facility.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2021.10.20Oh No, Micho! How dirty fingers landed our National Team Coach into hot soup sometime in Zambia
- Business2021.10.20Unapologetic S3X Broker: Sudhir Skillfully Deploys Bad Black at Premier Recruitment to Lure Women into Qatar Business
- Featured2021.10.18Cricket Cranes have no shortcut or excuse but to top the Group at ICC Men’s T20 Sub Regional World Cup Qualifier
- Featured2021.10.18Bobi at Kigo: Hon Segirinya is in pain while Ssewanyana is in high Spirits, not succumbing to intimidation