The aggrieved Miller seeks to recover a total of 227.2million Uganda shillings from the Police Force.
The Uganda Police Force has earned notoriety for defaulting after eating people’s posho and beans.
A number of millers are in court complaining about the same issue while others have won cases in the courts of law, but have not been paid either.
One of the outstanding creditors are the crime preventers. These are members of public recruited by the former Police boss Gen. Kale Kayihura to render support in preventing crime in communities.
They were so close to him, the former Police boss gifted them with the lucrative tender of supplying beans and posho to the security outfit.
They have since lost favor with the President following the sacking of their godfather prompting them to go to court to recover hundreds of millions owed to them.
The latest complainant is Mukende United Millers Assembly (NUMA). They claim to have supplied posho to the Police Force on several occasions in the past. When it was time to pay, the leadership kept feeding them on empty promises.
That much as the leadership of police admit taking the feed stuff on credit and enjoying it, they are evasive about payments.
The miller comes to the commercial court with proof of having been granted a tender to feed the police which was duly performed only for the employer to bolt after taking delivery and using the feed stuffs.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2022.12.26State Takes over Former Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet, Late John Mitala`s Sendoff Arrangements
- Entertainment2022.12.08Dull 2022 Music Year for Uganda: Bubble Gum Stuff, Binyanya Mixes as Azawi, Gravity and Lutalo Close the Year on a High
- Featured2022.11.30Bossa-Less Gaddafi: Play Caught Gaddafi FC’s Coach Wasswa Bossa in the Foul Lane, before he was Suspended and Fined Too
- Business2022.11.30NWSC @50: Sheikh Mubajje, Eng. Badru Kiggundu Lead Thanks Giving Prayers to Commemorate the Golden Jubilee