The aggrieved Miller seeks to recover a total of 227.2million Uganda shillings from the Police Force.
The Uganda Police Force has earned notoriety for defaulting after eating people’s posho and beans.
A number of millers are in court complaining about the same issue while others have won cases in the courts of law, but have not been paid either.
One of the outstanding creditors are the crime preventers. These are members of public recruited by the former Police boss Gen. Kale Kayihura to render support in preventing crime in communities.
They were so close to him, the former Police boss gifted them with the lucrative tender of supplying beans and posho to the security outfit.
They have since lost favor with the President following the sacking of their godfather prompting them to go to court to recover hundreds of millions owed to them.
The latest complainant is Mukende United Millers Assembly (NUMA). They claim to have supplied posho to the Police Force on several occasions in the past. When it was time to pay, the leadership kept feeding them on empty promises.
That much as the leadership of police admit taking the feed stuff on credit and enjoying it, they are evasive about payments.
The miller comes to the commercial court with proof of having been granted a tender to feed the police which was duly performed only for the employer to bolt after taking delivery and using the feed stuffs.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2021.10.20Oh No, Micho! How dirty fingers landed our National Team Coach into hot soup sometime in Zambia
- Business2021.10.20Unapologetic S3X Broker: Sudhir Skillfully Deploys Bad Black at Premier Recruitment to Lure Women into Qatar Business
- Featured2021.10.18Cricket Cranes have no shortcut or excuse but to top the Group at ICC Men’s T20 Sub Regional World Cup Qualifier
- Featured2021.10.18Bobi at Kigo: Hon Segirinya is in pain while Ssewanyana is in high Spirits, not succumbing to intimidation