The Electoral Commission (EC) has extended the nomination period for Local Councils from the 1st of October to the 5th.
The EC had set today as the deadline for lower councils nomination. However, the high candidate turn-up has necessitated its extension.
The EC had earlier slated the period between the 21st of September, and the 1st of October for conducting nomination of candidates for the 2021 Local Government Councils Elections.
The nomination of candidates commenced on Monday in all 146 Districts/Cities and was supposed to end today.
“However, due to the high number of aspirants at the nomination centers since the beginning of the exercise, and in accordance with the powers vested in the Commission under Section 50 of the Electoral Commission Act, the Electoral Commission has taken a decision to extend the nomination exercise, which was scheduled to close on Thursday 1st October 2020, for four (4) more days, that is, from Friday 2nd October to Monday 5th October 2020, including Saturday and Sunday, after which, there will be no further extension”.
The nomination exercise will continue to be conducted at the venues indicated below, during the above period, beginning at 9.00 a.m. and ending at 5:00pm on each day:
District/City Chairpersons and Councilors: 2nd – 5th October, 2020 at the respective district headquarters
Municipality/City Division Chairpersons and Councilors: 2nd -5th October, 2020 at the respective district headquarters
Sub County/Town//Municipal Div. Chairpersons and Councilors: 2nd -5th October, 2020 at the respective County headquarters
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2022.12.26State Takes over Former Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet, Late John Mitala`s Sendoff Arrangements
- Entertainment2022.12.08Dull 2022 Music Year for Uganda: Bubble Gum Stuff, Binyanya Mixes as Azawi, Gravity and Lutalo Close the Year on a High
- Featured2022.11.30Bossa-Less Gaddafi: Play Caught Gaddafi FC’s Coach Wasswa Bossa in the Foul Lane, before he was Suspended and Fined Too
- Business2022.11.30NWSC @50: Sheikh Mubajje, Eng. Badru Kiggundu Lead Thanks Giving Prayers to Commemorate the Golden Jubilee