Today, the 15th October, marks the start of the second day exercise of nomination of candidates for Parliamentary Elections 2021.
The nominations will be conducted at the respective district/city headquarters in all the 146 districts/cities across the country, starting at 9:00am till 5:00pm on each day.
The exercise followed the postponement that happened last week to enable aspirants formalize name changes since the mandatory deed poll process required some time.
According to the Electoral Commission spokesperson Paul Bukenya, aspirants have been warned against moving with convoys and crowds of supporters.
He adds that after nomination, there will be harmonization of campaign programs before the candidates are cleared to start canvassing for support.
By the time of filing this report, hundreds of candidates across the political divide had been nominated successfully as the process was ongoing.
The nomination will end on Friday 16th October.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2021.10.20Oh No, Micho! How dirty fingers landed our National Team Coach into hot soup sometime in Zambia
- Business2021.10.20Unapologetic S3X Broker: Sudhir Skillfully Deploys Bad Black at Premier Recruitment to Lure Women into Qatar Business
- Featured2021.10.18Cricket Cranes have no shortcut or excuse but to top the Group at ICC Men’s T20 Sub Regional World Cup Qualifier
- Featured2021.10.18Bobi at Kigo: Hon Segirinya is in pain while Ssewanyana is in high Spirits, not succumbing to intimidation