The Electoral Commission will conclude the nomination for Local Government Councils today, Monday, October 5, 2020. The nomination exercise commenced on 21stSeptember 2020, in all the districts/cities and had been earlier scheduled to conclude on October 1st.
However, more days had been added to provide more time for the high candidate turn-up.
During the exercise, the Commission has nominated candidates to contest for 45,127 elective positions at Local Government level. These include District/City Chairpersons and their Councilors, Municipality/City Division Chairpersons and their Councilors, and Sub County/Town/Municipal Division Chairpersons and their Councilors.
The EC will officially announce the commencement of the campaign period and the polling dates for the Local Government elections at the closure of the nomination exercise.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.09.26A Health Move: Nella Organics Launches to offer a Perfect Harmony between Conventional and Complementary Medicine
- Education2022.09.22VP Jessica Alupo Addresses the UN Transforming Education Summit, Announces Uganda`s USD3M Pledge
- Crime news2022.09.20Family Jinx: How EAC Candidate and City Lawyer Phiona Rwandarugali is Facing a USD2400 Debt Quagmire
- Featured2022.09.19Personal Experience: An Agonizing Story of a relative whose brother committed suicide due to Mental Illness