The Electoral Commission will conclude the nomination for Local Government Councils today, Monday, October 5, 2020. The nomination exercise commenced on 21st September 2020, in all the districts/cities and had been earlier scheduled to conclude on October 1st.
However, more days had been added to provide more time for the high candidate turn-up.
During the exercise, the Commission has nominated candidates to contest for 45,127 elective positions at Local Government level. These include District/City Chairpersons and their Councilors, Municipality/City Division Chairpersons and their Councilors, and Sub County/Town/Municipal Division Chairpersons and their Councilors.
The EC will officially announce the commencement of the campaign period and the polling dates for the Local Government elections at the closure of the nomination exercise.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2021.10.20Oh No, Micho! How dirty fingers landed our National Team Coach into hot soup sometime in Zambia
- Business2021.10.20Unapologetic S3X Broker: Sudhir Skillfully Deploys Bad Black at Premier Recruitment to Lure Women into Qatar Business
- Featured2021.10.18Cricket Cranes have no shortcut or excuse but to top the Group at ICC Men’s T20 Sub Regional World Cup Qualifier
- Featured2021.10.18Bobi at Kigo: Hon Segirinya is in pain while Ssewanyana is in high Spirits, not succumbing to intimidation