The Electoral Commission will conclude the nomination for Local Government Councils today, Monday, October 5, 2020. The nomination exercise commenced on 21stSeptember 2020, in all the districts/cities and had been earlier scheduled to conclude on October 1st.
However, more days had been added to provide more time for the high candidate turn-up.
During the exercise, the Commission has nominated candidates to contest for 45,127 elective positions at Local Government level. These include District/City Chairpersons and their Councilors, Municipality/City Division Chairpersons and their Councilors, and Sub County/Town/Municipal Division Chairpersons and their Councilors.
The EC will officially announce the commencement of the campaign period and the polling dates for the Local Government elections at the closure of the nomination exercise.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2022.12.26State Takes over Former Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet, Late John Mitala`s Sendoff Arrangements
- Entertainment2022.12.08Dull 2022 Music Year for Uganda: Bubble Gum Stuff, Binyanya Mixes as Azawi, Gravity and Lutalo Close the Year on a High
- Featured2022.11.30Bossa-Less Gaddafi: Play Caught Gaddafi FC’s Coach Wasswa Bossa in the Foul Lane, before he was Suspended and Fined Too
- Business2022.11.30NWSC @50: Sheikh Mubajje, Eng. Badru Kiggundu Lead Thanks Giving Prayers to Commemorate the Golden Jubilee