The Electoral Commission received the first batch of of electoral materials including ballot papers and declaration of results forms for Elections of District Woman MPs yesterday at Entebbe International Airport. A press conference for an announcement to that effect was held there.
The delivery was made by Al Ghurair Printing and Publishing Company based in Dubai, UAE. This batch comprised 116 pallets which had ballot papers for districts in seven electoral regions. The materials for the remaining five regions is are expected to be delivered in the following few days.
The cost for the delivery of the materials amounted to UGX.2.5BN out of the total consignment cost of UGX.9.7BN. The EC acknowledges that Al Ghurair have delivered ahead of schedule which, to the impression of the EC officials, is remarkable. The materials arrived aboard the Emirates Airlines Flight [No.EK 9757] at 18:00 HRS yesterday.
Currently, the EC technical team has cleared the cargo and is in delivery to the the EC stores ahead of the packing into the polling kit. This delivery at the airport was observed by the political party agents and various stakeholders including the media.
The EC further received confirmation of the completion of ballot papers and declarations of results forms for the 2021 Presidential Elections. This batch is scheduled to arrive today, 10thDecember at 13:00 HRS on Emirates Flight [No.9865]. These were done by United Printing and Publishing of Abu Dhabi.
The EC, while announcing the arrival and receipt of the first batch and anticipating the second, showed optimism for the upcoming 2021 General Elections. The commission vowed to deliver as scheduled.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.10.07Unveiling Xclusive: Meet Uganda’s Daniel Ateenyi, a Surrealist Portraiture Artist who has Mastered Using Charcoal on Paper
- Business2022.09.26A Health Move: Nella Organics Launches to offer a Perfect Harmony between Conventional and Complementary Medicine
- Education2022.09.22VP Jessica Alupo Addresses the UN Transforming Education Summit, Announces Uganda`s USD3M Pledge
- Crime news2022.09.20Family Jinx: How EAC Candidate and City Lawyer Phiona Rwandarugali is Facing a USD2400 Debt Quagmire