The Electoral Commission has set dates for the nomination of candidates for elections of SIGs Representatives to Parliament. The activity will be conducted on Tuesday the 22ndand Wednesday the 23rdof December this year. These are for Members of Parliament representing workers, youths, persons with disabilities and older persons.
The nomination will be conducted at the Electoral Commission Headquarters, Plot 55 Jinja Road, Kampala. It will begin at 9:00 AM and end at 5:00 PM on each of the appointed days.
It is a requirement for aspiring candidates for MP to be citizens of Uganda and registered voters and shall be required to fulfil all the requirements for nomination as outlined in the Guidelines issued by the Electoral Commission for the respective Special Interest Group.
All those participating in the nomination exercise shall be required to comply with guidelines for nomination as issued by the Electoral Commission in accordance with the Government of Uganda and the Ministry of Health measures against the spread of Covid19.
These will include observing social distancing, hand washing and wearing face masks as well as any other guidelines that were issued by the Electoral Commission at the beginning of the general campaign period.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.09.26A Health Move: Nella Organics Launches to offer a Perfect Harmony between Conventional and Complementary Medicine
- Education2022.09.22VP Jessica Alupo Addresses the UN Transforming Education Summit, Announces Uganda`s USD3M Pledge
- Crime news2022.09.20Family Jinx: How EAC Candidate and City Lawyer Phiona Rwandarugali is Facing a USD2400 Debt Quagmire
- Featured2022.09.19Personal Experience: An Agonizing Story of a relative whose brother committed suicide due to Mental Illness