The Electoral Commission has set dates for the nomination of candidates for elections of SIGs Representatives to Parliament. The activity will be conducted on Tuesday the 22ndand Wednesday the 23rdof December this year. These are for Members of Parliament representing workers, youths, persons with disabilities and older persons.
The nomination will be conducted at the Electoral Commission Headquarters, Plot 55 Jinja Road, Kampala. It will begin at 9:00 AM and end at 5:00 PM on each of the appointed days.
It is a requirement for aspiring candidates for MP to be citizens of Uganda and registered voters and shall be required to fulfil all the requirements for nomination as outlined in the Guidelines issued by the Electoral Commission for the respective Special Interest Group.
All those participating in the nomination exercise shall be required to comply with guidelines for nomination as issued by the Electoral Commission in accordance with the Government of Uganda and the Ministry of Health measures against the spread of Covid19.
These will include observing social distancing, hand washing and wearing face masks as well as any other guidelines that were issued by the Electoral Commission at the beginning of the general campaign period.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Health2022.06.24NWSC Improves Apac Water Supply with over 150 Kms of Main Extensions to Cover 60% of the Quantity Projected￼ ￼￼
- Politics2022.06.14Soroti City East By-elections: EC sets Tentative but Statutory deadline as Justice Byabakama Preaches fairness and Free process
- Featured2022.06.10Positive Start: Willing Female, Women Residents Register as EC kicks off compilation exercise of Village Women Residents’ register
- Politics2022.06.07Electoral Commission Issues Detailed 2022 Guidelines for Women Councils and Committees From Village to District Levels