The Electoral Commission has set dates for the nomination of candidates for elections of SIGs Representatives to Parliament. The activity will be conducted on Tuesday the 22nd and Wednesday the 23rd of December this year. These are for Members of Parliament representing workers, youths, persons with disabilities and older persons.
The nomination will be conducted at the Electoral Commission Headquarters, Plot 55 Jinja Road, Kampala. It will begin at 9:00 AM and end at 5:00 PM on each of the appointed days.
It is a requirement for aspiring candidates for MP to be citizens of Uganda and registered voters and shall be required to fulfil all the requirements for nomination as outlined in the Guidelines issued by the Electoral Commission for the respective Special Interest Group.
All those participating in the nomination exercise shall be required to comply with guidelines for nomination as issued by the Electoral Commission in accordance with the Government of Uganda and the Ministry of Health measures against the spread of Covid19.
These will include observing social distancing, hand washing and wearing face masks as well as any other guidelines that were issued by the Electoral Commission at the beginning of the general campaign period.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2022.01.20NWSC to Back the East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) Project with Adequate Water Supply Services
- Crime news2022.01.18UNRA Records II: Unveiling How `S3X for Marks` Syndrome is Proving the Biggest Infrastructure Destroyer
- Featured2022.01.10UNRA Records: Of how well-coordinated and organized corruption at The Roads Authority have dearly cost Ugandans
- Crime news2021.12.13Not Funny Mom! Shame as Uganda Airlines CEO Face Charges over Doing the `Nseenene Challenge` Aboard Bombardier