GULU, Uganda: The mad dash to Gulu by hundreds of personalities most especially stakeholders in the entertainment and arts industry has finally been put in check by the Resident District commissioner, on request of district authorities and leadership of Operation Wealth Creation, the Investigator authoritatively report.
This follows an inquest into the abuse of Covid 19 regulations in the district by the ‘visitors,’ which development the security gurus have also termed as a security threat! Other complaints are said to have been made by motel and lodge proprietors, who claim that the visitors had accumulated huge unpaid bills at their rendezvous, under the guise of being official guests of the Operation Wealth Creation, on pending appointment.
Under a telepathic quest for the much coveted Covid 19 relief, from the Operation Wealth Creation overseer, Gen. Salim Saleh, many had actually made Gulu their second home in an effort to find a way out of the poverty jam made worse by the lockdown which, has set their activities under the cliff, for one and half years now.
Rumor in Gulu town has it that several women, including under cover moonlighters, have been put out of job, after being impregnated by some of these visitors who, thereafter disappear into thin air. It will now require one to have prior clearance from the OWC and RDC, to access any happening or hotel facilities, for any person claiming to be a guest of Gen Saleh.
Musicians including Jose Chameleone, Weasel, Pallaso, Feffe Bussi, Cindy, Phina Mugerwa, Kabako, Ronald Mayinja, Catherine Kusasira, Ziza Bafana, as well as comedians and promoters, have been flocking Gulu City at will.
We have also established that most of the activities that have been associated with artistes under the OWC, are in the process of being moved to the Prime Minister Robinah Nabbanja’s office, which will in turn wind up the now infamous Gulu treks.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2022.12.26State Takes over Former Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet, Late John Mitala`s Sendoff Arrangements
- Entertainment2022.12.08Dull 2022 Music Year for Uganda: Bubble Gum Stuff, Binyanya Mixes as Azawi, Gravity and Lutalo Close the Year on a High
- Featured2022.11.30Bossa-Less Gaddafi: Play Caught Gaddafi FC’s Coach Wasswa Bossa in the Foul Lane, before he was Suspended and Fined Too
- Business2022.11.30NWSC @50: Sheikh Mubajje, Eng. Badru Kiggundu Lead Thanks Giving Prayers to Commemorate the Golden Jubilee