KAMPALA, Uganda: Uganda’s best music export Joseph Mayanja aka Dr. Jose Chameleone has been forced to take a six month booze sabbatical. The Investigator can exclusively report that this development is on the singer’s doctor’s advice, in a bid to save a life.
This stance comes weeks after he was admitted to Nakasero hospital in Kampala over liver complications thought to have been compounded by heavy drinking. The singer joins celebrities who have quit heavy drinking recently, among others, Central Bank Governor, Prof Emmanuel Tumusiime Mutebile.
Mutebile dropped his favorite whisky bottle after his doctors told him he would die prematurely from liver complications if he kept imbibing the liquor. Chameleone, known for his lust for red label, on top of chain smocking, had initially let go of hard liquor and resorted to wine thinking his liver complications would subside, but in vain.
The disease persisted even with wine, forcing him to drop it as well, at least for some months. The Star has since resolved to take a personal initiative by discarding off all his alcohol shelves both at home and offices, as well as scaling down on his social stints.
To ensure compliance, Chameleone has since designated his mother to watch over him so that he doesn’t go back to his boozing sprees. Lately, he’s spending more time at Route Entertainment studios in Bunga where, he is working on his forthcoming album titled ‘I am Joseph’, with selected producers like Hannington Bugingo and song writer Oman Rafiki, slated for release on 9th October.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.05.10EC New Home Panic: Ugly Encumbrances emerge on Butabika Land, IGG Strips Self Naked as Ownership gets questioned
- Sports2022.05.05Stanbic Uganda Cup: Sports Club Vipers tipped for a Season Double through a fair Cup Semi-Final Draw
- Health2022.05.01Expert adds Scientific Angle to NCS’s Witchcraft Scandal without Dismissing the Vice as a Big Pass time for Africans
- Business2022.05.01Sunday Flashback: How Suleiman Kiggundu Told-off Brethren over a Noble idea of Starting a Moslems Bank but Hijacked It!