By Investigator News
In a watch ‘’your Mouth’’ exploit, the Federation of Uganda Football Association-FUFA has suspended Express FC Head Coach Wasswa Bbosa for three competition matches and also fined him Shs 2 million for his unsporting comments. “Wasswa Bbosa, the Head Coach of Express FC has been suspended for three competition matches and fined UGX2M,” reads part of the FUFA statement.
Bosa made the unsporting comments in the StarTimes Uganda Premier League match between Express and Arua Hill SC played at the Betway Muteesa II Stadium, Wankulukuku, a game his side lost 2-0 infront of the club administrators, fans and other manager.
“The fine of Sh2M must be paid within 15 days from receipt of the decision released today. He is required to produce proof of payment of the same to the Ethics and Disciplinary Committee by 5th November 2021,” FUFA said. It is alleged that Bbosa accused his CEO Isaac Mwesigwa of bribing match officials for Express to lose 2-0 to Arua Hill SC.
The suspension means coach Bbosa will not stand tall at the touchline let alone him sitting at the Express bench as his side play against UPDF FC on October 23, BUL on October 26 and Vipers on October 30. He will return on November 2 against Police (Lugogo) on November 2.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2021.12.02Things Fall Apart: Minister Okello Oryem fights Son in his Office for accusing him of Neglecting, Forsaking and Sidelining Family
- Featured2021.11.29War Signals: The Cold but Corrosive War already in its embryonic phase could be waged in Uganda Netball
- Featured2021.11.25Dis/Advantage Champions League: UBF Launches one of its kind Boxing Champions League but with Issues
- Featured2021.11.23NWSC Honored by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda for Excellence in Sustainability Reporting