MBARARA, Uganda: Singer Joseph Mayanja aka Jose Chameleone, has in a bid to strengthen his Uganda Superstars Association Agenda and visibility on the ground, embarked on regional tours to meet local artistes beginning with Mbarara.
The move, according to insiders, is aimed at countering a similar campaign by the Uganda Musicians Association (UMA), with whom they have been battling over recognition as the chief overseer of the artistes industry in Uganda.
It should be noted that Chameleone and his team, a few months ago clashed with UMA headed by Cinderella Sanyu aka Cindy, over the rightful leader of the fraternity. This was when they met in Gulu at the Operation Wealth Creation chief overseer Gen. Salim Saleh’s.
An agitated Gen. Saleh at the time advised the rivaling camps to come to a consensus if they wanted to access any Covid 19 Relief funds. The two parties failed to reach an agreement which forced the General to hand their issues over to the Prime Minister’s Office.
It is here that they were told to go back to the grassroots, register members, set up liaison offices and thus, the rush for them to rapidly get on the road. Chameleon’s move is said to have put UMA under a lot of pressure that they have been engaged in crisis meetings since the beginning of this week.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2021.10.22Stop It: Singer Spice Diana Family Split over her Association with Wild Crane Gin Advert Contrary to Her Faith
- Entertainment2021.10.22UCC Directive on Gossip Programs to Render 100s Jobless as tough measures on live Dance Shows Relay Looms
- Featured2021.10.22Players kept guessing at Villa Park as the 2021/2022 Star Times Uganda Premier League enters Second Week in action
- Sports2021.10.22FUFA Stacks Airtel’s UGX100M in her Coffers as boost to celebrate Uganda Football’s Finest Talent of 2021