MBARARA, Uganda: Singer Joseph Mayanja aka Jose Chameleone, has in a bid to strengthen his Uganda Superstars Association Agenda and visibility on the ground, embarked on regional tours to meet local artistes beginning with Mbarara.
The move, according to insiders, is aimed at countering a similar campaign by the Uganda Musicians Association (UMA), with whom they have been battling over recognition as the chief overseer of the artistes industry in Uganda.
It should be noted that Chameleone and his team, a few months ago clashed with UMA headed by Cinderella Sanyu aka Cindy, over the rightful leader of the fraternity. This was when they met in Gulu at the Operation Wealth Creation chief overseer Gen. Salim Saleh’s.
An agitated Gen. Saleh at the time advised the rivaling camps to come to a consensus if they wanted to access any Covid 19 Relief funds. The two parties failed to reach an agreement which forced the General to hand their issues over to the Prime Minister’s Office.
It is here that they were told to go back to the grassroots, register members, set up liaison offices and thus, the rush for them to rapidly get on the road. Chameleon’s move is said to have put UMA under a lot of pressure that they have been engaged in crisis meetings since the beginning of this week.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.09.26A Health Move: Nella Organics Launches to offer a Perfect Harmony between Conventional and Complementary Medicine
- Education2022.09.22VP Jessica Alupo Addresses the UN Transforming Education Summit, Announces Uganda`s USD3M Pledge
- Crime news2022.09.20Family Jinx: How EAC Candidate and City Lawyer Phiona Rwandarugali is Facing a USD2400 Debt Quagmire
- Featured2022.09.19Personal Experience: An Agonizing Story of a relative whose brother committed suicide due to Mental Illness