MBARARA, Uganda: Singer Joseph Mayanja aka Jose Chameleone, has in a bid to strengthen his Uganda Superstars Association Agenda and visibility on the ground, embarked on regional tours to meet local artistes beginning with Mbarara.
The move, according to insiders, is aimed at countering a similar campaign by the Uganda Musicians Association (UMA), with whom they have been battling over recognition as the chief overseer of the artistes industry in Uganda.
It should be noted that Chameleone and his team, a few months ago clashed with UMA headed by Cinderella Sanyu aka Cindy, over the rightful leader of the fraternity. This was when they met in Gulu at the Operation Wealth Creation chief overseer Gen. Salim Saleh’s.
An agitated Gen. Saleh at the time advised the rivaling camps to come to a consensus if they wanted to access any Covid 19 Relief funds. The two parties failed to reach an agreement which forced the General to hand their issues over to the Prime Minister’s Office.
It is here that they were told to go back to the grassroots, register members, set up liaison offices and thus, the rush for them to rapidly get on the road. Chameleon’s move is said to have put UMA under a lot of pressure that they have been engaged in crisis meetings since the beginning of this week.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2021.11.29War Signals: The Cold but Corrosive War already in its embryonic phase could be waged in Uganda Netball
- Featured2021.11.25Dis/Advantage Champions League: UBF Launches one of its kind Boxing Champions League but with Issues
- Featured2021.11.23NWSC Honored by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda for Excellence in Sustainability Reporting
- Featured2021.11.19PASTOR MANJERI: My Estranged Husband had Limited Bathroom Etiquette and ‘Raped’ me Continuously