By Investigator News
It’s always a great gesture for one to accept mistakes and so do the needful. With back-to-back losses against KCCA FC (3-0) and Vipers SC (5-0), Wakiso Giants head Coach Douglas Bamweyana has voluntarily resigned his job at the club owning up his mistakes.
This means that Wakiso Giants will be Coach-less when they return to action on Tuesday, (Tommorow26th October) away to Police FC. Asking to bow out, the coach tendered in his resignation letter to the Club Board on Sunday 24th October 2021 detailing how he was not fit to continue his duties.
“Whereas, I fully own and regret the terrible results from our opening two league games against KCCA FC and Vipers SC, I was very confident that we will change the tide and real quick,” reads part of the extract from the letter.
Bamweyana’s decision derives from his failure to guide his side to a fair start of the 2021/22 season where the club’s opening two fixtures ended in absolute defeats. On match day one, Wakiso Giants FC lost 3-0 to KCCA FC at home before last weekend’s humiliation where they suffered a 5-0 loss away to SC Vipers.
Bamweyana was on a 3-year contract with the Purple Sharks, a deal he signed June 2020. His bosses are still tight lipped in regard to the matter, though he is reported to have already bid farewell to a section of the club players and officially exiting himself from the club’s Whatsapp Group.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.05.26Death at Birth: Bank of Uganda timely Blocks Troubled Afriland Bank from Fleeing the Country with Creditors` Money, Liquidates it
- Featured2022.05.25A Tree Planted, a Future Granted: NWSC Joins in Environmental Campaign at the National Tree Planting Day
- Politics2022.05.25Omoro Pictorial: NUP and NRM Stand Favorites from the Politicking Time that Climaxes with Voting Today
- Business2022.05.24Dear URA Chief Collector, Ugandans would Love Paying their Taxes but Government Bold Thieves Badly Fail Us