By Investigator News
Federation of Uganda Football Associations – FUFA have resolved that Sports Club Villa be granted but a ring-fenced club license. They therefore have directed various bodies concerned with the organization of the Competitions to include Jogoos in the FUFA Competition fixtures, inclusive those of the 2021/22 Uganda Premier League with immediate effect.
FUFA confirmed the status through a statement they published on their official Twitter handle.
The license, nonetheless, has terms and conditions attached upon which the Federation says, shall withdraw in the event Villa fails to fulfil the resolutions the license has been issued.
“FUFA has now granted Sports Club Villa a conditional and provisional club license subject to the terms in the Club Congress resolutions presented to FUFA.” Reads the statement in part.
“However, FUFA shall withdraw immediately the provisional license in the event that the club fails to fulfill the resolutions against which the license has been issued.”
On Saturday 23rd October, the club’s Extra Ordinary Congress was held at Serena Hotel – Kigo where the club expected to undertake the election of the club President and the entire Executive Board. According to FUFA approved Club statutes, Villa is expected to have undertaken elections for the Club President and the entire club administration by Saturday 13th November 2021.
In addition to the provisions of Sports Club Villa Statutes, it’s noted that the eligibility criteria for the candidates of the position of Club President of Sports Club Villa shall include vetting and approval by the Board of the Registered Trustees of the Villa Members Trust.
Sports Club Villa had requested the Federation that considering the above Club Congress resolutions, the club be issued with a provisional club license for the 2021/22 Uganda Premier League Season. FUFA had cited the element of governance for not including the Villa onto the fixtures for this season.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.10.07Unveiling Xclusive: Meet Uganda’s Daniel Ateenyi, a Surrealist Portraiture Artist who has Mastered Using Charcoal on Paper
- Business2022.09.26A Health Move: Nella Organics Launches to offer a Perfect Harmony between Conventional and Complementary Medicine
- Education2022.09.22VP Jessica Alupo Addresses the UN Transforming Education Summit, Announces Uganda`s USD3M Pledge
- Crime news2022.09.20Family Jinx: How EAC Candidate and City Lawyer Phiona Rwandarugali is Facing a USD2400 Debt Quagmire