By Daniels Tatya
National Council of Sports-NCS are yet to come good on their UGX115M support to the Ludo National team going to the Johannesburg bound Africa Ludo Cup of Nations-ALCON. And the team has been motivated with the delivery of two new Jersey sets by the Ludo Federation officials.
According to local Ludo officials, the gesture is intended to strengthen the National team in preparation for ALCON that is to take place on 26th – 28th of November 2021 in South African Capital, Johannesburg. The eight finalists will be announced within two week time.
Call on Government/NCS
The Ludo Federation President Mr. Kalule Hussein has called on government through National Council of Sports, to honor their budget amounting to UGX115m. Kalule told the Investigator Sport that out of this budget, NCS has only managed to part with a paltry Shs10m which, to the officials, is like a drop in the ocean.
32 players were Wednesday selected by the Federation to join the training camp, out of which the Ludo National Team “Uganda Doves” will be trimmed to the final 8. The team will don the White colour for Home games while the Yellow colour will be for the away games.
Series of friendly matches
Before travelling, the National team is to have a series of friendly Ludo games with selected teams across the country. This is scheduled for 24th October 2021 in Central region, 31st October 2021 in the Eastern Region and one on 7th November 2021 in the Greater Masaka.
The Technical Team
Ssalongo Lubega Vincent
Kalule Hussein as ex official
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.10.07Unveiling Xclusive: Meet Uganda’s Daniel Ateenyi, a Surrealist Portraiture Artist who has Mastered Using Charcoal on Paper
- Business2022.09.26A Health Move: Nella Organics Launches to offer a Perfect Harmony between Conventional and Complementary Medicine
- Education2022.09.22VP Jessica Alupo Addresses the UN Transforming Education Summit, Announces Uganda`s USD3M Pledge
- Crime news2022.09.20Family Jinx: How EAC Candidate and City Lawyer Phiona Rwandarugali is Facing a USD2400 Debt Quagmire