KAMPALA, Uganda: Disgruntled Audio producers have offered their boss Unegiu Michael aka Rinex amnesty of seven days to help himself produce a total of UGX700m or they escalate matters by involving police and eventual lawsiut.
The funds now thought missing was donated by Gen Salim Saleh from the Operation Wealth Creation funds to help audio producers get along during the Covid-19 epidemic period. The broke audio producers at a presser in Makindye last week accused Rinex of converting the money to enrich self.
They allege that when the monies were remitted onto the APAU’s account, Rinex immediately feigned illness after which, he withdrew a total of 42m supposedly to seek treatment abroad. But insiders now reveal that upon landing his hands on the cash, Rinex ended up at the next car bond and picked a car worth 54m.
“We lobbied Gen Saleh and he understood our misery. He facilitated us with funds drawn from the government’s Operation Wealth Creation. The person we entrusted is now missing together with the money. How are we supposed to explain to the General?”
Members have it that as Rinex is enjoying the funds meant to provide the much needed relief during the prevalence of Corona to the producers, the rest of the would-be beneficiaries are starving and the office they are renting is closed due to accumulated rent arrears.
Confused regarding the way forward, the producers have now petitioned Daniel Kazibwe aka Ragga Dee, the National Cultural Forum honcho, through which the funds were channeled, to look for Renix and recover the money from him.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.10.07Unveiling Xclusive: Meet Uganda’s Daniel Ateenyi, a Surrealist Portraiture Artist who has Mastered Using Charcoal on Paper
- Business2022.09.26A Health Move: Nella Organics Launches to offer a Perfect Harmony between Conventional and Complementary Medicine
- Education2022.09.22VP Jessica Alupo Addresses the UN Transforming Education Summit, Announces Uganda`s USD3M Pledge
- Crime news2022.09.20Family Jinx: How EAC Candidate and City Lawyer Phiona Rwandarugali is Facing a USD2400 Debt Quagmire