KAMPALA, Uganda: Disgruntled Audio producers have offered their boss Unegiu Michael aka Rinex amnesty of seven days to help himself produce a total of UGX700m or they escalate matters by involving police and eventual lawsiut.
The funds now thought missing was donated by Gen Salim Saleh from the Operation Wealth Creation funds to help audio producers get along during the Covid-19 epidemic period. The broke audio producers at a presser in Makindye last week accused Rinex of converting the money to enrich self.
They allege that when the monies were remitted onto the APAU’s account, Rinex immediately feigned illness after which, he withdrew a total of 42m supposedly to seek treatment abroad. But insiders now reveal that upon landing his hands on the cash, Rinex ended up at the next car bond and picked a car worth 54m.
“We lobbied Gen Saleh and he understood our misery. He facilitated us with funds drawn from the government’s Operation Wealth Creation. The person we entrusted is now missing together with the money. How are we supposed to explain to the General?”
Members have it that as Rinex is enjoying the funds meant to provide the much needed relief during the prevalence of Corona to the producers, the rest of the would-be beneficiaries are starving and the office they are renting is closed due to accumulated rent arrears.
Confused regarding the way forward, the producers have now petitioned Daniel Kazibwe aka Ragga Dee, the National Cultural Forum honcho, through which the funds were channeled, to look for Renix and recover the money from him.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2021.10.22Stop It: Singer Spice Diana Family Split over her Association with Wild Crane Gin Advert Contrary to Her Faith
- Entertainment2021.10.22UCC Directive on Gossip Programs to Render 100s Jobless as tough measures on live Dance Shows Relay Looms
- Featured2021.10.22Players kept guessing at Villa Park as the 2021/2022 Star Times Uganda Premier League enters Second Week in action
- Sports2021.10.22FUFA Stacks Airtel’s UGX100M in her Coffers as boost to celebrate Uganda Football’s Finest Talent of 2021