By Daniels N. Tatya
Matchday two wrap-up
Uganda 13 -0 Djibouti
Tanzania 3-2 Burundi
Matchday one wrap-up
Tanzania 1-0 Eritrea
Djibouti 0- 7 Ethiopia
Uganda 5-1 Burundi
Hosts Uganda and Ethiopia earned comfortable results on Saturday as the 2021 CECAFA Women’s U20 Championship opened at the FUFA Technical Centre. Then the actual goals results for Uganda come on day two with Uganda recording a basketball score mark with 13-0 result against hapless Eritrea in Njeru.
Uganda made a perfect start to the tournament, winning 5-1 against Burundi thanks to goals from Captain Fauzia Najjemba (two), Magret Kunihira, Hadija Nandago and Shamirah Nalugya.
In a dominant day two display on Monday, Uganda registered a rousing 13-0 win to make it two wins in as many games and take charge of the title race. Skipper Fauzia Najjemba was ruthless on the day, scoring six goals and thus move top of the scorers’ chart with eight in two games.
Diminutive forward Hadijah Nandago struck twice while Shamira Nalugya(penalty), Asia Nakibuuka, Zaitun Namaganda, Catherine Nagadya and Shakira Nyinagahirwa added a goal apiece to complete the cleanout.
Nandago opened the scores as early as the sixth minute, tapping home from Magret Kunihira’s cross. Najjemba doubled the lead four minutes later thanks to Nagadya. The latter would later also register her name on the score sheet.
By halftime, Uganda led 6-0 and Najjemba had completed a hat trick with the other goal (a penalty) coming from Shamirah Nalugya. In the second half, Uganda scored seven more goals in what was a one-sided affair.
Coming off the bench as substitutes, Zaitun Namaganda, Asia Nakibukka, Shakira Nyinagahirwa, Nandago and Najjemba (3) all scored in the second half. Uganda now moves to the summit of the table with two wins in as many games and will return to action on Wednesday against Eritrea.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.09.26A Health Move: Nella Organics Launches to offer a Perfect Harmony between Conventional and Complementary Medicine
- Education2022.09.22VP Jessica Alupo Addresses the UN Transforming Education Summit, Announces Uganda`s USD3M Pledge
- Crime news2022.09.20Family Jinx: How EAC Candidate and City Lawyer Phiona Rwandarugali is Facing a USD2400 Debt Quagmire
- Featured2022.09.19Personal Experience: An Agonizing Story of a relative whose brother committed suicide due to Mental Illness