The last time the Football Cranes visited Northern Uganda through their themed regional tours was 2014 where the team played a demonstration but very competitive game against a select side in Gulu.
The game ended 5-0 in favor of Uganda Cranes at Pece Stadium, Gulu in September 2014. As the team launched into yet a new tour, 2021 that started with the Eastern Region last September, next tour will be travelling back to the north and this time around playing a game against a select side from Kitgum on Thursday 4th at Boma grounds.
Launching in 2014, the Cranes tour of the country regions is part of the larger team’s campaign that aims at rallying support for the national team. The players mingle with the fans as most upcountry fans get a-once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to watch the Cranes live in action.
The tours bring on board new fans and support for the Uganda Cranes. This is the only way fans have a better experience of supporting the national and regional teams in future. The national team coach also uses this opportunity to assess various regional players brought on board by the FUFA regional technical teams.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.09.26A Health Move: Nella Organics Launches to offer a Perfect Harmony between Conventional and Complementary Medicine
- Education2022.09.22VP Jessica Alupo Addresses the UN Transforming Education Summit, Announces Uganda`s USD3M Pledge
- Crime news2022.09.20Family Jinx: How EAC Candidate and City Lawyer Phiona Rwandarugali is Facing a USD2400 Debt Quagmire
- Featured2022.09.19Personal Experience: An Agonizing Story of a relative whose brother committed suicide due to Mental Illness