Tanzania 1-2 Ethiopia
Burundi 3-0 Djibouti
Eritrea 0-2 Uganda
By Daniels N. Tatya
A goal by Hadijah Nandago ensured that team Uganda remained focused and on course, as the country’s Cecafa destiny remains in their hands going into the quarters.
Ethiopia is the other team to have won all their three though with an inferior goal difference. It’s therefore factual here that team Uganda is playing a clear business game at the on-going Cecafa U-20 women’s tournament in Jinja at the Njeru technical center.
After 24 minutes of fruitless play, Hadijah Nandago gave her team some relief in the 25th minute sending Uganda in the first half lead. The results score clock then counted Eritrea 0-1 Uganda.
Nandago’s first against Eritrean came as no surprise to both her as a player and the team looking at how she has been faring statistically. She has always found the ball behind the nets first through Uganda’s last four encounters.
She scored the first goal in each of Uganda U-20 Women’s National team in the last 4 games going first against Kenya in the FIFA U20 Women’s World Cup Qualifiers, first against Burundi, against Djibouti and on Wednesday evening had herself find the score path against Eritrea in the on-going CECAFA tourney.
Just minutes after break at the 49th minute mark, team captain Fauzia Najjemba doubled the team’s lead with a second goal for Uganda. Najjemba’s 2nd for Uganda in the 63rd minute confirmed Uganda still remained on course of the journey against the hapless and troublesome Eritreans on the evening.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Business2022.09.26A Health Move: Nella Organics Launches to offer a Perfect Harmony between Conventional and Complementary Medicine
- Education2022.09.22VP Jessica Alupo Addresses the UN Transforming Education Summit, Announces Uganda`s USD3M Pledge
- Crime news2022.09.20Family Jinx: How EAC Candidate and City Lawyer Phiona Rwandarugali is Facing a USD2400 Debt Quagmire
- Featured2022.09.19Personal Experience: An Agonizing Story of a relative whose brother committed suicide due to Mental Illness