By Daniels N. Tatya
Referees Disciplinary panel has found two of their colleagues Bakasambe and Kasalirwe guilty of misuse of the whistle during match officiating.
The panel thus effected 3 weeks` suspension to each of the two referees Rajab Bakasambe and Lucky Kasalirwe from football officiating of Uganda Premier League effective 3rdNovember 2021.
Without details, save for the fact that their refereeing careers were found wanting and subsequently committing costly mistakes, the duo will therefore not blow the whistles for 6 match days from match-day 7 to match-day 12 for clear refereeing mistakes.
Away from the duo, several of the men and women of the whistle have had to undergo suspension by the FIFA retired Ali Tomusange-headed Disciplinary Panel since its initiation by FUFA in May 2018.
The panel was initiated to streamline and cleaning the rot and dirt in affiliation of matches locally. There was a general loud public outcry from stake holders of the game in the country leading to the formulation of the referees’ disciplinary panel. A number of parties had registered their dissatisfaction about the standards of refereeing in the respective leagues on-going in the country.
Before 2018 when the federation thought it wise to formulate this panel, it had been observed and deliberated upon with the various feedback on reports showing a cumulative trend of referees’ technical misconducts, indiscipline and integrity checks.
It was further observed that despite measures being done by FUFA Referees standing committee (FRSC) to sanction offenders, there were delays in execution of penalties hence the formation of the swiftly and active panel.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Uncategorized2022.05.18Obwakamuswaga at 18: Kamuswaga Apollo Isansha Kabumbuli II Decries Early Marriages for the Girl Child
- Crime news2022.05.18Fake Auction: Court orders against planned Patrick Bitature Properties `Sale` as Lawyers Strip Selves of Wisdom
- Business2022.05.10EC New Home Panic: Ugly Encumbrances emerge on Butabika Land, IGG Strips Self Naked as Ownership gets questioned
- Sports2022.05.05Stanbic Uganda Cup: Sports Club Vipers tipped for a Season Double through a fair Cup Semi-Final Draw