We can exclusively reveal that a clique of local musicians, promoters and events managers led by Daniel Kazibwe aka Ragga Dee, will not be bagging the 7.7bn shillings for a planned series of virtual shows to be staged during the forthcoming coming festive season.
Through the Events Association of Uganda (EAU), they recently sought the redress of the same matter with meeting the Parliamentary Budget Committee to justify their claim under the Ministry of gender’s supplementary budget.
Ragga Dee, and his cohorts argue that the said funds are to facilitate the organization of virtual shows on several local Television stations, pay artistes some of whom have not worked for the last two years, thus enhancing their livelihood during the period while they entertain Ugandans.
However, we have established that Ragga Dee and team might not receive the funds after some members of the budget committee in consultation with some bureaucrats at the Gender Ministry have declared reservations in embracing the shows owing to the fact that a similar ‘project’ the UG-Connect E Concert, which was partially funded by them was a complete waste of money.
The UG-Connect virtual concert had been planned to cater for more than 20 artistes performing under the auspices of the government of Uganda via Operation Wealth Creation. This, having been originally endorsed by the overseer of OWC Gen. Caleb Akadwanaho aka Salim Saleh, for 52 weeks. But this came to a halt after queries of insider scouting for ‘attached’ artistes, by some organizing committee members surfaced.
The technocrats argue that the ministry has already spent a considerable amount on the sector and that issues pertaining to any Covid 19 related relief funds, by any entertainment outfit or party, were handed over to the Office of Prime Minister by Gen. Saleh and the same should deal with the matter.
we have since learnt that Ragga Dee and members of the EAU are now seeking appointment with the Prime Minister Robinah Nabbanja, to sell their proposal for the shows.
- Uganda's First online News Paper. "More than Just News" Investigative, Informative, without Fear or Favor
- Featured2022.12.26State Takes over Former Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet, Late John Mitala`s Sendoff Arrangements
- Entertainment2022.12.08Dull 2022 Music Year for Uganda: Bubble Gum Stuff, Binyanya Mixes as Azawi, Gravity and Lutalo Close the Year on a High
- Featured2022.11.30Bossa-Less Gaddafi: Play Caught Gaddafi FC’s Coach Wasswa Bossa in the Foul Lane, before he was Suspended and Fined Too
- Business2022.11.30NWSC @50: Sheikh Mubajje, Eng. Badru Kiggundu Lead Thanks Giving Prayers to Commemorate the Golden Jubilee